OT: Hard Rock Hotel Coming to Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Hard Rock Hotel Coming to Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like the new Downtown North area is drawing some big names. This is huge for the region, may turn Hartford into more of a destination and it doesn't hurt that Rentschler and the XL are a stones throw.

"Plans for Hard Rock Hotel Hartford call for a lively rooftop pool and lounge inviting guests to enjoy the picturesque Downtown North and Hartford skylines, including the Capital Dome. Additionally, the property will feature Hard Rock Cafe, Body Rock workout facility, Rock Spa featuring the brand's signature Rhythm & Motion spa menu, and a Rock Shop where fans will be able to purchase merchandise"

This will be right near the new Ballpark where UConn will be playing some baseball games starting new year. Hard Rock will be open in 2018.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Another pin for the collection!

Reaction Score
Absolutely huge news for the city. It's proving that the DoNo redevelopment is viable and a brand like this will go a long way to improve Hartford's perception. Segarra deserves a lot of credit here. The stadium plan likely cost him his job.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
This sounds like good news but let's not count our eggs before they hatch. The article states that the developers have not yet submitted a proposal to the city. The location they want to build at could be affected by the highway construction/84 improvements. That makes me a little bit nervous, but I'm hopeful they come it would be great for the city!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It will go right next to the ESPN Zone. This sounds so out of place that I'll need to see it before I believe it.

Reaction Score
Looks like the new Downtown North area is drawing some big names. This is huge for the region, may turn Hartford into more of a destination and it doesn't hurt that Rentschler and the XL are a stones throw.

"Plans for Hard Rock Hotel Hartford call for a lively rooftop pool and lounge inviting guests to enjoy the picturesque Downtown North and Hartford skylines, including the Capital Dome. Additionally, the property will feature Hard Rock Cafe, Body Rock workout facility, Rock Spa featuring the brand's signature Rhythm & Motion spa menu, and a Rock Shop where fans will be able to purchase merchandise"

This will be right near the new Ballpark where UConn will be playing some baseball games starting new year. Hard Rock will be open in 2018.

The AAC has Hard Rock Cafe's in 8 out of 12 cities. Houston, Memphis, New Orleans, Dallas, Philadelphia, Tampa, Hartford and Orlando. The AAC and Hard Rock Cafe could put together promotions for visiting teams, etc. Hard Rock Cafe could become the visiting fans meeting place. Navy, Cincinnati, Tulsa and ECU don't have any.

I know, hopefully by 2018 UCONN will be in a P5 but in the meantime...

Reaction Score
uconnphil2016 said:
Why would anyone ever go to a Hard Rock Cafe?
The one in Vegas is pretty cool. It's also better than the majority of the options in Hartford.

Reaction Score
I like how this development looks. Just need to make sure there is enough parking.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It sounded like it's still just an interest not a commitment from Hard Rock. I like Hartford and want something to finally kick start it but I need to see it being built to believe it will happen. I hope this comes to fruition.

Reaction Score

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-hard-rock-hartford-20151214-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek