OT: Harbaugh | The Boneyard

OT: Harbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was listening to Mike and Mike this morning - they interviewed Harbaugh, who basically said:

- Nothing
- Everything is about relationships between players and coaches (very much like love and care without using those words)
- He isn't going to watch any tape - wants to make his own evaluations

Nobody is going to bust his balls because he is a proven winner, but the words could have come out of Diaco's mouth.

So Diaco isn't crazy - he just needs to win!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Was listening to Mike and Mike this morning - they interviewed Harbaugh, who basically said:

- Nothing
- Everything is about relationships between players and coaches (very much like love and care without using those words)

Nobody is going to bust his balls because he is a proven winner, but the words could have come out of Diaco's mouth.

I like your enthusiasm -

Lately B Diaco has been compared to Harbaugh, Bill B and Hayden Fry...

Reaction Score
Does anyone actually believe that these guys don't look at the tape from the previous year? That's insanity.

I thought the same thing. Not evaluating tape is like having all the answers to a test on a notecard and choosing not to use it.

Reaction Score
Maybe someone who knows more about this than me can chime in, but perhaps without understanding the calls / schemes being run (if you don't hold over any of the staff) you won't necessarily know where good and bad decisions were made? You might bias yourself one way or another with bad data?

(or maybe I'm just making up)

Reaction Score

- Nothing

I like your enthusiasm -

Lately B Diaco has been compared to Harbaugh, Bill B and Hayden Fry...

It's the offseason, everything is rosy in the off-season, and this off-season promises to be especially long and smelling of roses.

FWIW: When I come out of toilet after a particularly impressive performance, I often try to convince my wife it smells of roses too. That's an affective analogy for what's happening now among head coach comparisons based on evidence to date. That can certainly change though, and hopefully it will, and all of us will be able to admit that the steaming turd that was the 2014 season, really did smell like roses.

Reaction Score
It's the offseason, everything is rosy in the off-season, and this off-season promises to be especially long and smelling of roses.

FWIW: When I come out of toilet after a particularly impressive performance, I often try to convince my wife it smells of roses too. That's an affective analogy for what's happening now among head coach comparisons based on evidence to date. That can certainly change though, and hopefully it will, and all of us will be able to admit that the steaming turd that was the 2014 season, really did smell like roses.

Carl

You definitely could have skipped "the gravy" on that post!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

You do that with love and care of course...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've got a really bad feeling about Diaco. I thought distance from the end of the season would make it go away. It hasn't. Hopefully that's just my New England pessimism.

Still support the guy....but I'm worried.

Reaction Score
LOL. When you hit 2500 posts you'll be making comments snarky comments about my length and propensity to respond to things too. For now, I've got to pace myself for this offseason, and on that note, although the mechanics of the procedure have been well known by me, and practiced and executed to perfection - I had no idea there was a name for it until not too long ago. I always thought the definition of "dutch oven" was a heavy cast iron pot to cook in, particularly useful outdoors, with fire based heat - based on some kind original Dutch innovation. Who'd a thunk there was a whole different definition too.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've got a really bad feeling about Diaco. I thought distance from the end of the season would make it go away. It hasn't. Hopefully that's just my New England pessimism.

Still support the guy....but I'm worried.
I think he's smart and motivated and has the tools to succeed... I just don't know if he has the urgency. Us playing at a 200 level this year and him calling it progress is what scares me. With enough time, I think he'll do great. But time isn't a luxury we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom