OT: Hamden Summer Concerts 2017 | The Boneyard

OT: Hamden Summer Concerts 2017

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've seen some pretty good shows in Hamden over the years: Los Lobos, Dr. John, Dave Mason and Tower of Power come to mind. This year's slate just came out.

July 7: George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic
July 14: The Manhattans
July 21: The Fabulous Thunderbirds
July 28: Gary Puckett and The Union Gap

The shows are free and coolers are allowed. Bring dinner and get there early.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gary Puckett and the Union Gap - wow what memories
Gary Puckett has one of the greatest rock n roll vocal chords

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Kansas two summers ago and Smithereens with The Romantics last summer.

Thanks for the heads up. Gotta see the T Birds.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'll be there on the July 7th for the Funk. He must be doing censored, G rated shows now.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'll be there on the July 7th for the Funk. He must be doing censored, G rated shows now.

He still gets his settlement in Crack rocks though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you've never seen GC and the PFunk - it is wild
Saw him in NYC years ago (late 70s and some of the costumes knocked me out and some of the ladies ....wow)
GC is a very accomplished musician
Yeah - this concert will be tamed way down

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Saw him in NYC years ago (late 70s and some of the costumes knocked me out and some of the ladies ....wow)

Whens the last time you saw PFunk?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Whens the last time you saw PFunk?
1978 in NYC and in the late 90s in Phoenix (on a whim )
I was really into them in the 70s - I roomed with 2 dudes from Asbury Park NJ and they were into PFunk and all kinds of soul music while another roomie only listened to Zappa and the Mothers 24 hrs a day, another only jazz on one of those living room console stereos in his room another who only listened to the ELP/Yes music and there was me - the Dead Head and Allman Bros freak
Quite eclectic - I really gravitated towards the 2 dudes from Asbury Park - went to a lot of shows - Isley Bros, EWF, and some nice blues

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
1978 in NYC and in the late 90s in Phoenix (on a whim )
I was really into them in the 70s - I roomed with 2 dudes from Asbury Park NJ and they were into PFunk and all kinds of soul music while another roomie only listened to Zappa and the Mothers 24 hrs a day, another only jazz on one of those living room console stereos in his room another who only listened to the ELP/Yes music and there was me - the Dead Head and Allman Bros freak
Quite eclectic - I really gravitated towards the 2 dudes from Asbury Park - went to a lot of shows - Isley Bros, EWF, and some nice blues

Yeah. I love Pfunk. But what you are going to see now is WAY different than what you saw in the 70's and 90's . Time does that.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I used to go down to the New Haven coliseum every time he came. He was part of my child hood. He had one of the best things going back then until Hip Hop came along. That was a different era. Most of the original crew is gone. The Last time I saw him live was with Erykah Badu at the Oakdale in the 90's I think. The music " business " was not kind to George. I'd love to see him hand it over to
A team of younger Hand picked replacements and make it a review band.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Time does that to all of us but sometimes I'm accused of never growing up!
George Clinton is an amazing guy

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I used to go down to the New Haven coliseum every time he came. He was part of my child hood. He had one of the best things going back then until Hip Hop came along. That was a different era. Most of the original crew is gone. The Last time I saw him live was with Erykah Badu at the Oakdale in the 90's I think. The music " business " was not kind to George. I'd love to see him hand it over to
A team of younger Hand picked replacements and make it a review band.
Agreed
He never got his just dues - guy is a genius - dare I say he is the African American version of Frank Zappa??????????????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom