OT: GS Warriors new sponsor $20 million/year | The Boneyard

OT: GS Warriors new sponsor $20 million/year

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This may be money well spent.

Currently I had no idea the company existed not do I know what they make.
$20m in advertising may eventually get me to copy/paste their name in to Google to find out.
Doubtful, but a higher probability than me randomly typing words and names I don't know in to Google.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I question the value of most of these deals - to a large extent, I think they're vanity plays on behalf of upper management - but I guess for $20,000,000, a few million people are hearing their name for the first time, so what do I know?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
An E-commerce website getting traffic during every warriors game sounds like a good idea to me. They also are the lead sponsor for Barcelona Football Club in Spain.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Rakuten signed a 3 year contract as sponsor to have name placement on GSW jerseys for $60 million (the largest ever). I'm not an NBA follower but being nosy, I ask; is this deal owners (i.e. team) revenue ony or do the players wearing the unis get a cut?

Warriors, Rakuten Agree to Reported $20 Million Per Year Jersey Sponsorship

I would imagine that this would be considered "basketball related Income" per the CBA, but without taking a look at the new CBa I can't say for 100% certain.

Reaction Score
Currently I had no idea the company existed not do I know what they make.
$20m in advertising may eventually get me to copy/paste their name in to Google to find out.

I used to purchase stuff from them, many years age when they were known as Buy.com.

This was before Amazon ruled the online world. Buy.com had free shipping on everything. Rakuten still does regardless of price. That's their biggest advantage I can see.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
made me think of this
Street-Fighter-Ryu-Hadoken.jpg

Reaction Score
I question the value of most of these deals - to a large extent, I think they're vanity plays on behalf of upper management - but I guess for $20,000,000, a few million people are hearing their name for the first time, so what do I know?

If you and Tom were smart you would have spent all the money from your boneyard ad profits and bought space on the Warriors jerseys.

The-boneyard.com f'kin Warriors would be awesome.

Reaction Score
They should have just purchased a spot ad in the Super Bowl. More eyes and much cheaper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom