OT: Gronk Retires | The Boneyard

OT: Gronk Retires

Reaction Score
Man oh man. Gonna miss watching him on and off the field. Complete goof but in his prime, was the most unstoppable player in the league. Wish he stuck around for one more season but with what his body has been through and leaving with that catch in the Superbowl, it's a good time to walk away.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow. I knew it was possible. One of the great players and personalities in the game. Probably for the best for his long term health. He can make money in entertainment.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the Steelers to cut Alejandro Villanueva and Belichick to sign him and teach him how to play TE.

Reaction Score
He will have many options and still be able to walk when he is 50. Gronk was such a big target to take hits so his body especially knees will be better off. It is OK to move onto something new.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the Steelers to cut Alejandro Villanueva and Belichick to sign him and teach him how to play TE.

We need another tackle. Please let the Steelers offseason from hell continue. We'll take him.

Patriots are having their own offseason from hell for different reasons.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Smart decision, word is he's switching gears and will be in charge of the new particle accelerator project at the CERN laboratory.

Ain't that the truth. As it stands now, he's gonna being paying for all that punishment years from now. Who knows what another year or two in the ringer would have done to him.

I haven't seen too many players get hit as hard as Gronkowski week in week out. This Earl Thomas hit still gives me nightmares. I get some hits look more 'dramatic', but that is a LOT of man to stop dead in his tracks. Caused a few bulging disks in Gronk. He still finished the game lol.

Reaction Score
Love Gronk. There is life after football and he's had a lot of serious injuries.

Reaction Score
Giants fan here, Gronk is literally the only Patriot I've ever liked, excited to see what he does next!

Reaction Score
Over/Under on the number of months before he signs a multi-year deal with WWE.

Setting it at 11.5

Smart to walk away while he can still walk and before getting traded. Hell of a player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He will undoubtedly be back in a years time hosting some gladiatorial type game show on MTV.
CT made Johnny Bananas his backpack, imagine what Gronk would do to him.

Reaction Score
Not buying it. He is too much of a meathead to know what retirement means.

Reaction Score
With 75% of the league clinging to their jobs, better to call the shots on your own terms than not. Good for Gronk

Reaction Score
Gronk says that he banked all of his NFL salary and lived off endorsements so he will be fine. Good to see an athlete who made a decision to live below his means. His injuries have mounted up and it is time for Gronk to retire while he is still in one piece.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom