OT: Griner Donates to Youth Center | The Boneyard

OT: Griner Donates to Youth Center

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for posting this. Griner is a terrific work in progress, dealing with size, voice, and sexuality, among other things, but really, really a lot of character. She's come such a long way in life, and, especially after how she carried herself in last summer's Olympic team, I'm a big, big fan. Wish she had gone to UConn and I think she does, too.

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for posting this. Griner is a terrific work in progress, dealing with size, voice, and sexuality, among other things, but really, really a lot of character. She's come such a long way in life, and, especially after how she carried herself in last summer's Olympic team, I'm a big, big fan. Wish she had gone to UConn and I think she does, too.
I liked the "work in progress" comment. The measure of a good person, to me, is when you finally get to have more money than you can spend--you pay back. To your community, church, country, veterans. I'm a sucker for Scholarships, Veterans, Deployed, homeless (way too many vets) and the kid hospitals.
I became a fan--in the Olympics and in the loss to Louisville (she was robbed).

Reaction Score
Despite leading the WNBA in scoring average, Griner was not voted in as a starter in the All-Star game. This was due largely to fan voting. Players and media had her ranked much higher than fans. It may be that the Glory Johnson incident affected their view of her. Or it may be something else. Anyway, though I have no idea how sincere or committed she is to the causes she was honored for, it was definitely a good business decision for the WNBA to give her this award. They know they have a valuable commodity in her and would benefit from the restoration of her image, especially as it reflects on the image of the league. Call it cynicism if you will, I think it is just the way the world works. Image is everything.

Reaction Score
Good for BG, it's always nice to see athletes get involved in their communities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom