OT: Greatest team ever tourney | The Boneyard

OT: Greatest team ever tourney

Reaction Score
I have good guys rolling to the Regional Final beating S Carolina, Mich St, Kansas before '84 G'Town take us out.

Reaction Score
he's been working on this for 6 months and ends up giving corliss williamson a 2 seed?? they didnt even win the SEC tourney. this needed another 6 months of fine tuning.

'07 florida, '18 nova and '99 UConn (3 seeds) would have also blown the doors off '21 baylor (2 seed)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UNLV should win this hands down. They should have repeated against the 91 Duke team that’s also a #1 seed but Greg Anthony got screwed on a charge call that ended up being his 5th foul and that was it. That 2 year UNLV run was special.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
he's been working on this for 6 months and ends up giving corliss williamson a 2 seed?? they didnt even win the SEC tourney. this needed another 6 months of fine tuning.

'07 florida, '18 nova and '99 UConn (3 seeds) would have also blown the doors off '21 baylor (2 seed)
Blows the doors is disrespectful. That Baylor team was really good.

Reaction Score
This is floating around twitter. Each school can have only 1 representative, and UConn has the 1999 team (3 seed).

Our 99 team will never get proper credit on these lists. They had a switch like no other. They were good enough to put up minimal effort against an average team and just squeak out a win.... eventhough the outcome was never in doubt. Strong, fast, rarely turned it over, deep bench, had maximum ball handling and shot the ball very well. Their ability to play down to the opponent with no concern of losing deceived the national pundits.

I actually think they only put in max effort twice all year. St John's in the BE finals and for some reason New Mexico in the NCAA. The St John's game made sense, but the New Mexico thing was odd. They played New Mexico like they wanted to embarass NM really bad.... and they did. After the St John's game I think JC said I can't get a team to play better than that. I never heard JC say that any other time.

I also think Duke hit some desperate shots just to keep it close. We were on the edge of running the deficit up to 10. The Duke fan sitting next to me at Tropicana field had to leave with 2 minutes to go. He couldn't handle the stress. Nice guy actually, but what a wuss.

Reaction Score
Our 99 team will never get proper credit on these lists. They had a switch like no other. They were good enough to put up minimal effort against an average team and just squeak out a win.... eventhough the outcome was never in doubt. Strong, fast, rarely turned it over, deep bench, had maximum ball handling and shot the ball very well. Their ability to play down to the opponent with no concern of losing deceived the national pundits.

I actually think they only put in max effort twice all year. St John's in the BE finals and for some reason New Mexico in the NCAA. The St John's game made sense, but the New Mexico thing was odd. They played New Mexico like they wanted to embarass NM really bad.... and they did. After the St John's game I think JC said I can't get a team to play better than that. I never heard JC say that any other time.

I also think Duke hit some desperate shots just to keep it close. We were on the edge of running the deficit up to 10. The Duke fan sitting next to me at Tropicana field had to leave with 2 minutes to go. He couldn't handle the stress. Nice guy actually, but what a wuss.
The St John’s team was loaded.
But Ron Artest’s ( AkA Meta World Peace AKA Meta Artest ) called a friend after the game and apparently the friend asked how it went .
He replied “ They Pimped Us” greatest take on a lose ever
but he was a special guy.
As far a New Mexico we had a few of their trolls on the board talking crap.

Reaction Score
I think the Uconn 2004 team is one of the most disrespected teams ever. That team is the one team that gives UNLV 90 a run for its and likely beats them. I truly believe that Uconn 04 team once it got locked in was the best team id seen since that UNLV team. We shouldve won the tourney with 6 straight blowouts but the refs made sure duke would have a chance. I remember a lot of the media calling the tourney the Uconn invitational because everyone knew that team wasnt getting beat. And yes, i know its sacrilige but they beat the 99 team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom