OT: Gottlieb to Tulane? | The Boneyard

OT: Gottlieb to Tulane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@ScottDKushner
Sources: CBS Sports' Doug Gottlieb is interested in #Tulane's basketball head coach opening. He's also pushing for Oklahoma St. HC job.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
He's never been a coach. This has to be some BS his publicist has dreamed up to get him some exposure.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He would be a great coach. Who better to teach student athletes what not to do on and off the court?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
doug gott-nothing, that's funny

he still thinks 20 year old supremely conditioned athletes need days if not weeks to rest between games

I wonder what life's lessons he can instill in a player?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's never been a coach. This has to be some BS his publicist has dreamed up to get him some exposure.

Much like stealing someone else's credit card, he wants the reward without the work. Actually coaching as an assistant and putting in the hours on the recruiting trail are beneath of person of his stature. He deserves to start as an HC.

What a d o u c h e.

Reaction Score
Gootlieb has been a pretty good game analyst for CBS and he was one of the few that publicly called out the NCAA ,for putting Cuse in the tourney so he is OK in my book.

Reaction Score
This wouldn't be good for the league. Gottlieb is clearly not interested in coaching. If he was he would have gone into assistant coaching 10-15 years ago.

That said, rolling his team would be fun.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not a bad place to start. A program that perennially sucks. If he could turn them into an NIT type team it would be a minor miracle. If they continue to suck, wasn't his fault.

Reaction Score
As some may know ... Doug Gottlieb's father was a highly respected successful HS & College coach in California. His brother is a very senior assistant coach (think he's at Oregon State now ... After Cal & USC etc)

He's got deep roots in the game. Ready for HC? Nope.

Reaction Score
Much like stealing someone else's credit card, he wants the reward without the work. Actually coaching as an assistant and putting in the hours on the recruiting trail are beneath of person of his stature. He deserves to start as an HC.

What a d o u c h e.

Couldn't agree more.

Reaction Score
Would be hilarious to see Gottlieb fail in his first (and only) try at coaching.

Reaction Score
Gottlieb makes big money for CBS, why he wants risk it at at coachingbis crazy. He has a real kushy deal right now.

Reaction Score
If he's seriously considering getting into coaching he should stop being the controversial/annoying talking head that tries to troll 95% of the fanbases around the country.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But, he admitted in an interview with Oklahoma City’s WWLS-FM on Monday, he isn’t in a position to take the financial hit that comes with becoming an assistant and doesn’t want to bide his time at a place looking for the next head coaching opportunity.

“When my dad died and I turned 40, I started to take (inventory) and I said, ‘All right, what do I want to do? What makes me happy?’ ” Gottlieb said. “Being in a gym makes me happy. I like working with kids. I know basketball better than I know anything else I know on this earth.”

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.co...-interested-in-tulane-basketball-coaching-job

Reaction Score
I think he would bring some energy and exposure to a nothing program that generates zero buzz nationally and probably next to nothing locally.

I like it. And beating him would be doubly good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom