OT: Good news, for a change.... | The Boneyard

OT: Good news, for a change....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The Early Learning program I run just got a stupendously amazing grant that allows us to do EXACTLY what we want to do. And, if I do say so myself, we do it REALLY well. WHEEEEEE!!!! Thank you to smart philanthropists (and their wicked wise administrators) who understand the power of grants...

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing of UConn butt-kicking....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Congrats Justin
As a NY boy who grew up in the Bx and Queens
and who in a past life was active in public education
I really dig the need.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The Early Learning program I run just got a stupendously amazing grant that allows us to do EXACTLY what we want to do. And, if I do say so myself, we do it REALLY well. WHEEEEEE!!!! Thank you to smart philanthropists (and their wicked wise administrators) who understand the power of grants...

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing of UConn butt-kicking....

Congrats !!

This is a tough environment to pull down grant funds. Your org must clearly be delivering superior outcomes and making a real difference in order to garner the big bucks!! :D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Congratulations, this is outstanding news.

Reaction Score
That's great. Is the program based in Queens, home of my birth and early education ?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Good to hear, hope to hear more details when I see you. Congrats!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming. Although dreams can become reality.

Reaction Score
Congratulations! It's always exciting to get the funding to put theory into practice. Is there a link to learn more about your program- it's an area of interest of mine.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That's great. Is the program based in Queens, home of my birth and early education ?

Actually, a three of my favorite schools I work with are in Queens -- and I live there.

Now that it's officially been emailed to the big wigs and the rest of the world, here are the details:

The New York Community Trust - Brooke Astor Fund for New York City Education has just awarded CAT an 18 month $460,000 grant to expand CAT’s successful Early Learning Program (ELP) in K-2 classes at four NYC public schools with high concentrations of disadvantaged students and English Language Learners. The Astor Fund was designed to support projects with the potential to generate widespread, systemic improvement in reading skills in the early grades among underserved NYC students. Under the leadership of ELP Director Helen Wheelock, CAT will provide theoretical and practical, multi-tiered professional development to approximately 60 educators on the use of interactive drama strategies to support reading and emergent literacy. The program will also provide CAT's direct services to 1,275 students in support of Common Core literacy skills. A comprehensive evaluation, overseen by Drew Allen, SUD's Director of Research and Evaluation, will track the year-long impact of these services.

Woot!!! :)

Reaction Score
Congrats! You need to help the TFA program since it sounds like your work is making a difference! My daughter taught in Harlem and Hartford this summer and fall. What a mess that program is! Good luck to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom