OT -Gomes to Thunder | The Boneyard

OT -Gomes to Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If it does cause Hasheem to lose a roster spot, there will be a mass echoing of "Ryan Gomes"

K

Kemballin'

Yeah do like Hasheem as a guy. Truth is you have to be good enough to force the coaches to play you, and he just hasn't been. He has potential though no doubt.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Yeah do like Hasheem as a guy. Truth is you have to be good enough to force the coaches to play you, and he just hasn't been. He has potential though no doubt.

It seems like he's putting more effort into it now than he was before but yeah, you have to earn your spot at the end of the day. Let's hope both guys somehow do it.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen, Hasheem seems like one of the best locker-room guys in the league. Aside from maybe Patty Mills, I'm not sure anybody waves the towel with more ferocity on the bench.

Reaction Score
Happy for Ryan Gomes, I figured his time in the league was over. He is a really good guy and I could see him being a successful coach down the road.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Ryan back in the league! I always enjoyed watching play, especially on the Celtics. He played hard & is what I call an overachiever.

As far as who is cut, Thabeet, Orton or Liggins. None have an expensive contract. Thabeet played the most out of the 3 of them, 66 games & 12 mpg. Orton played in 13 games, 8 mpg. Liggins 39 games, 7 mpg. I'm think more it's Orton because OKC drafter Center Steve Adams and Orton has shown even less potential than Thabeet in the 3 years he's been around. Also, OKC drafted a SF in Roberson, so that could limit Liggins playing time. Decisions, decisions...

Reaction Score
HUGE opportunity for Jeremy Lamb this year in OKC. They are desperate for a SG and to save face from the Harden trade. IF Jeremy can emerge as a legit 12ppg+ guy he will boost them from one of many contenders in the west to the favorite again. He best be busting his this summer getting his body and game as ready as it can possibly be.

C

Chief00

Indeed, Ryan is a good guy and heady player. He gets the most out of his ability. He is also a fun guy to play with.

Reaction Score
Kevin Martin got a lot of minutes last season but was pretty inconsistent. I think the summer league performance by Jeremy(18+ppt and decent assists) gave them the confidence to trade Martin to Minnesota along with his big contract($8-$9 mil/yr I think)

Reaction Score
Kevin Martin got a lot of minutes last season but was pretty inconsistent. I think the summer league performance by Jeremy(18+ppt and decent assists) gave them the confidence to trade Martin to Minnesota along with his big contract($8-$9 mil/yr I think)
Martin left as a free agent. They did do a sign & trade so Minny could pay him more or longer and the Thunder got someone named Simon Szewczyk, & Simon Szez don't trade James Harden for bumpkis.

Hate to pee in the cheerios as I definitely want Jeremy to fulfill his potential, but the problem with the summer league performance by Jeremy is that he was also good in summer league 2012. Summer league = unpredictable. Wes Johnson also had a good summer last year, but on the plus side Damian Lillard was lights out and rode the momentum to ROY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom