OT: Golf in North Conway, NH

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by Jerry1714, May 25, 2016.

1. Jerry1714

Jerry1714

Playing Mouth Washington one day need another place to play.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Drumguy

Drumguy Numbers Guru

There's a course south on Route 16 called Indian Mound that is supposed to be really nice. My brother in law plays there a lot. I have a summer place in Moultonboro (will be up there this weekend!) and play at Waukewan in Meredith, open to the public. Meredith is a great town to visit as well (about an hour south of Conway). Don't usually play golf up in North Conway, as we hike and shop. I've played as a guest at Bald Peak in Moultonborough but don't think they accept walk ins - its a private club overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee.

Here's the info on Indian Mound: Indian Mound Golf Club

FYI, There is one of the best beer pubs across the Maine border from North Conway, so not far, in Lovell, ME. if you're into beer, Beer Advocate rates it 100, world class! We always hit it if we run up north. There are also brew pubs for Moat Mountain and Sea Dog which are fun but the beers at Ebenezers are truly outstanding.
    Ebenezers Pub: Ebenezer's Restaurant & Pub | Lovell, ME | Reviews or Ebenezer's Pub

Jerry1714 likes this.
  3. storrsroars

storrsroars Exiled in Pittsburgh

Here you go.

Seriously, best course within "reasonable" driving distance is probably Point Sebago, off Sebago Lake in ME. Right off 302. It's about an hour's drive from N. Conway.

4. Ricker

Ricker

Don't drive anyplace. Right in the center of North Conway at the railway station the course is just fine and beautiful mtn and river views. A bit expensive but I make the drive once a year to play it.
    Terrain is flat and open but has moguls, some water holes, tiered greens, trees, and is very pleasant. @Drumguy I am also in Moultonborough on Moultonborough Neck off of Shaker Jerry Rd. I'm a member at Ridgewood CC if you have an interest in playing sometime with another Boneyarder.

5. Danzz

Danzz

North Conway CC isn't bad. There is also a great and scenic 9 hole course that isn't bad.

Jerry1714 likes this.
  6. aburks41

aburks41

the White Mountain Hotel has a nice course. Used to have a house in Glen which is 5 minutes from North Conway. Nice area

Jerry1714 likes this.
  7. Drumguy

Drumguy Numbers Guru

We have a place on Stanyan Road (Green's Basin) Which is actually very close to you! May take you up on that, I had a friend who used to belong to Ridgewood back in the 90s, and I recall losing a fair amount of balls there, especially that island hole!

8. sledog

sledog

Jerry1714 likes this.
  9. sledog

sledog

10. Fishy

Fishy Puncher of Throats

I've always enjoyed Pirate's Cove on Route 16.

It's relatively challenging and there's 36 holes of what they rightly call 'swashbuckling fun.'

North Conway

CTMike and Penfield like this.
  11. Jerry1714

Jerry1714

Only 12 hours behind Storrsroars on that joke

12. Drumguy

Drumguy Numbers Guru

That's where you drop the kids while you hop across the street to Sea Dog Brew Pub. Keeps the kiddies occupied.

13. Fishy

Fishy Puncher of Throats

That is exactly what we do....

Wives watch kids and gossip, we sneak across the street.

We're going to be there this weekend, although I don't think the mini golf place opens until summer, so the kids get to come to the bar...

14. Drumguy

Drumguy Numbers Guru

Hopefully you had a chance to try out Ebenizers, just across the border!