OT: Glenn Frey Eagles Founder | The Boneyard

OT: Glenn Frey Eagles Founder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eagles will never tour again, saw them at MSG 2 years ago. Mega talent, RIP. Showtime's 3 hour documentary is worth seeing.

Reaction Score
Eagles will never tour again, saw them at MSG 2 years ago. Mega talent, RIP. Showtime's 3 hour documentary is worth seeing.

That documentary is very, very good. Highly recommended.

Reaction Score
As an orinigal Rocker 1954-55 With extremely eclectic musical tastes. I actually liked the Eagles , their ability to harmonize gave them a unique sound.
The documentary was a terrific look at the music business and the back biting that goes on behind the scenes of a grouping coping with success beyond their wildest dreams, Fry did come off a bit harsh but the're is no denying his ability to turn a phase.

Reaction Score
How fortunate was I to go to the XL Center last year to see them. It was a great concert the were voted into the Kennedy Center that day and it showed in their performance. Joe Walsh stole the show but the Eagles will never be the same without Glen Frey.

Reaction Score
How fortunate was I to go to the XL Center last year to see them. It was a great concert the were voted into the Kennedy Center that day and it showed in their performance. Joe Walsh stole the show but the Eagles will never be the same without Glen Frey.

The Eagles were never the same without Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon.

Reaction Score
Bernie was back with them at the garden. In the doc there is a clip of them early on just harmonizing acapello backstage before a concert kind of warming up. You just have to be able to sing like that to be a rock star.

Reaction Score
Does everyone know the truly classic early SNL Digital Short "The H is O", with Jimmy Fallon and Ben Stiller, and Will Ferrell as a very strange Glenn Frey?

I've never been a big Eagles fan, but that bit has stayed with me forever and is the only reason I know the name Glenn Frey. I would search for a video but I remember searching for it not that long ago and only finding a disgustingly awful quality version.

Reaction Score
They were certainly different but the Eagles certainly continued their success without them.

Reaction Score
Bernie was back with them at the garden. In the doc there is a clip of them early on just harmonizing acapello backstage before a concert kind of warming up. You just have to be able to sing like that to be a rock star.
NOT ANYMORE unfortunately!!!

Reaction Score
Who gets more radio play today the Beatles or the Eagles? My bet is the Eagles.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who gets more radio play today the Beatles or the Eagles? My bet is the Eagles.
The term "radio play" means something much different now than it used to (e.g., are you including Sirius/XM?); but no matter how defined I'll bet that the Beatles double the Eagles, at least.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know the figures but free radio to me seems to play Eagles more. I will look into it.

Reaction Score
Ok just saw something from 2014 Classic Rock website where Van Halen was the leader in plays percentage. Down the line the Beatles had 1.9% and The Eagles 1.8% of airplay, so Beatles by a hair.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Eagles greatest hits is the second most selling album of all time, say what you want about the band but saying they take a back seat to others in popularity may be a stretch.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Eagles greatest hits is the second most selling album of all time, say what you want about the band but saying they take a back seat to others in popularity may be a stretch.
Saying that they take a back seat to the Beatles in any respect is not a stretch, nor a knock.

Ok just saw something from 2014 Classic Rock website where Van Halen was the leader in plays percentage. Down the line the Beatles had 1.9% and The Eagles 1.8% of airplay, so Beatles by a hair.
That's the thing. The Beatles aren't limited to just Classic Rock stations (I don't think the Eagles are, either, but their reach is not as broad as the Beatles).

In any event, R.I.P. Glenn Frey. He wrote and played a ton of great songs and made millions of people happy. And 67, like Bowie's 69, is too damn young.

Reaction Score
A Seinfeld was dedicated to Eagles songs, don't know about the Beatles. Desperado. Witchy Woman.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A Seinfeld was dedicated to Eagles songs, don't know about the Beatles. Desperado. Witchy Woman.
The Beatles made Seinfeld end Seinfeld when he did:

The Eagles got Lebowski kicked out of a cab:

Reaction Score
We cannot accept the premise that there is a legitimate debate to be had on any level between the Beatles and the Eagles. The Beatles and the Eagles!! It's nonsense.

RIP Glenn. One of the corniest bands in the history of American music but you wrote some hits that will be remembered forever, so we'll blame Don Henley for all the crappy things about the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom