OT: Giants trade JPP | The Boneyard

OT: Giants trade JPP

Reaction Score
Huge news - wonder if Chubb is in play for #2 pick now.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I can’t have a day of just good news can I?
I don't get this at all. Especially for what they got in return. You're giving up a pro-bowler for essentially just a 3rd round pick.

Reaction Score
I don't get this at all. Especially for what they got in return. You're giving up a pro-bowler for essentially just a 3rd round pick.

Pro Bowler? Did you watch him last year he got further away from getting to the QB as the year went on, and his impact on the run has lessened as well as reading screens etc etc.. This is fine, as said time to move on.

Reaction Score
JPP's prime has past. The contract was insane for his production. Gettles is clearing space to (hopefully) sign ODB and Landy to their mega-deals.

Could mean Chubb in play at 2 as well. Lot of JPP fans will be upset about this, and understandably so, but it's not so bad.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I love pre-accident JPP but getting a 3rd rounder and getting that contract off the books is completely worth it. Doesn't free up a lot this year but is a massive amount next year (OBJ and Collins). Definitely brings Chubb into consideration.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
To complete my fresh new start today, I'd love to hear that the Mets have gotten rid of Matt Harvey and David Wright, and that James Dolan has sold the Knicks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As with UConn Mens Basketball, it's a new day for the New York Giants
As a huge fan of both teams I am looking at these as needed changes but still holding out for the results
Change is good but it better be a productive change
We shall see
Go Huskies Go GMen

Reaction Score
Would like to thank JPP for his service but it was time to move on. It was honestly time to move on after the incident but he has been nothing but a professional for the Giants....getting out of that cap hit is HUGE as we need more LBs for the 3-4 compared to 4 front DEs

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Constantly hurt and even when healthy was somewhat under performing. Sad to see him go and sadder knowing he should have been a lot better had he not blown his hand off.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Gonna need money to sign Beckham and Collins to extensions too, so it makes sense in that regard. Saved $19.5 mil in 2019 and $17.5 mil in 2020.
Thought I read an article that Jr. was an iffy. Not only speaking of the dollars but if they wanted to put up with his antics. Last year was not a good year for OBJ. His mind was way out there. Now for JPP. I did not expect him to go however no big deal. Thanks for the memories. Seems after he finished that "Don't play with fireworks" commercial, (live I might add) he never recovered.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I'm good with this as long as they have a plan, he's not even close to being worth the dollars they are paying him. He's had flashes (lol) since his July 4th incident at best, they can have him.
"Flashes".Good one Mau...lol I am sure no pun intended...lol

Reaction Score
JPP was not a good fit for the new defensive coordinator. He hasn't bben the player he was for a while. So, great Giant but I have no problem with the move. Plus he frees up a lot of cap space. This might have been done looking forward to next year when Beckham will command 18-20 per.

Reaction Score
The contract pure and simple. Getting only one pick in return was not enough IMO. Could not get a 5 or 6 as well? JPP was part of a total defensive meltdown last year. He was not able to get much help in drawing atttention off him by other pass rushers being an actual threat. The new 3-4 scheme was also a factor. JPP should have a few more good seasons with a line with more than one serious pass rusher. I don't want Chubb at 2. Either a QB or Barkley.

Reaction Score
The contract pure and simple. Getting only one pick in return was not enough IMO. Could not get a 5 or 6 as well? JPP was part of a total defensive meltdown last year. He was not able to get much help in drawing atttention off him by other pass rushers being an actual threat. The new 3-4 scheme was also a factor. JPP should have a few more good seasons with a line with more than one serious pass rusher. I don't want Chubb at 2. Either a QB or Barkley.
I thought so, but the more I think about it I love the return. Robert Quinn who's younger and better than JPP only got a 4th rounder back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom