OT: GHO scoreboard link | The Boneyard

OT: GHO scoreboard link

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It would do the tourney a world of good if on Sunday the winner was Rory or Jordan or Jason Day.

How about Jordan winning by a holing a buncker shot in a playoff?! That finish was surely beyond the the wildest dreams of the folks that put on the tourney.

Spieth was nothing but complimentary about the course and atmosphere and vowed to come back. Good week for Spieth (my personal favorite golfer). Even better week the tourney itself.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It was one great week for the tournament....I hope they can feed off this for the future. They had great crowds...the 'right' winner...all-round praise from the players....they hit a home run.

idle thoughts: Spieth played poorly on Sunday...and had a lot of good fortune as well. He was very lucky to get in the playoff much less to win it.

The tourney generally comes the week after the US Open. That is true next year and it really is a nice spot.
The pressure-filled Masters is always followed by a family friendly event in Harbourtown. Hartford can do the same for the players after US Open. The Open is on Long Island next year...easy drive to Cromwell....I bet the field is even stronger in 2018.

BTW: Geno is quoted that since his arrival in 1985 the Spieth bunker shot is only matched by Tate George's missile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom