OT: Geno and Maya - One of my favorite clips | The Boneyard

OT: Geno and Maya - One of my favorite clips

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Actually not a fan of this one. A little too biting for my taste.

Reaction Score
Have to agree. Very sarcastic humor, if humor is what you want to call it. Not sure it would impress many 17 year old prospects.

Reaction Score
Have to agree. Very sarcastic humor, if humor is what you want to call it. Not sure it would impress many 17 year old prospects.
I see it differently. This is how my closest friends and family members joke with me and how I joke with them. If I saw this and saw how they both reacted to each others’ comments, I would see it as being so close that the sarcasm and jabs at each other are casual in nature. This is one of my favorite clips so I’m a little biased, but the last thing I’d want to see is a coach talking like a robot “oh she’s really good I love coaching her” about his player all the time.

Reaction Score
If Maya started crying then those who don't like this clip may have a point. Otherwise, it's a lighthearted moment between player and coach. Based on Maya's reaction I'd say it's the latter.

Note also how he throws in little compliments with his digs -- 'she drains a 3', '2x scholar athlete of the year'.

Geno is a master at pushing buttons.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If our players were as sensitive as some BYers we'd be ranked 318th. This is why some great comics don't tour anymore. The PC/sensitive society culture is killing off humor and so much more.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, amazed that some posters don't see the love from Geno in that imitation. It was hysterical, and yet ultimately complementary. The biggest dig in there was thrown at the talking heads commentating on the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom