OT: Gathering of the Vibes | The Boneyard

OT: Gathering of the Vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great lineup for all Allman Brothers fans. 4 separate performances from the family. Warren Haynes performs twice with different lineups, Gregg Allman and Tedeschi Trucks. Also the usual dead related stuff but none of the members due to the tour just completed I guess. Govibes.com. Maybe a Boneyard meet and drink? Tickets are going fast. Only VIPs left for Sunday.

Reaction Score
Is deep banana playing? It took a week to recover from the vibe

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
...the usual dead related stuff but none of the members due to the tour just completed I guess.

I've been able to go to a few nights of Vibes shows over the past few years, but I won't be in the area this year. Looks like solid line-up.

It does look like Billy will be there with his band on Saturday, but if you haven't seen Dark Star Orchestra (closing the Main Stage on opening night), they are worth a listen. I'll be seeing DSO a week later in ATL and I try to catch them whenever they come around. They will do shows where they string together songs to make hypothetical Dead shows, but more often they will pick a show, replicate it start to finish, and at the end announce the date and location of the show they just played. Though, as you can imagine, much of the audience has the show pegged before the end of the first set.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I'd like to make it down for the Friday SCI show but probably won't want to pay the ticket price.
More than likely I will be there on Sunday for Zappa Plays Zappa and Weezer.

Since this is a festival thread, anybody doing Phish Magnaball later this summer?
I'll be there sleezing that place up.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I'm heading to Ess that week in preparation for the lab move.
But come Friday night, I'll be with the other geriatrics looking a hip replacement (double entendre - eh?)
(Got my Swing 2/22/77 on the headphones... f- work, it's time for boogie)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Friday afternoon looks solid, especially if you like guitar. I saw The Word a few years back at The Webster of all places and they were pretty great. They have Robert Randolph and Luther Dickinson. Then you have Doyle Bramhall and Tedechi/Trucks, all before 6:00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom