OT: Funniest Super Bowl Commercial? | The Boneyard

OT: Funniest Super Bowl Commercial?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
IMO, the ad for Stella Artois was hilarious. Reprising their roles as Carrie/Sex in the City (Sarah Jessica Parker), the Dude/The Big Lebowski (Jeff Bridges) and the guy who played the Most Interesting Man in the World in the Dos Equis ads, the characters create havoc in an upscale restaurant by ordering Stella rather than their usual adult beverage of choice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For me, Harrison Ford's dog using the "dog version of Alexa" to order dog food was hysterical. Not sure why, but I love the end when a pallet full of dog food shows up and Ford says to his dog "I'm not talking to you."

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
European advertising is almost invariably funnier than US commercial when they are both intended to be funny. Of course, the censors in Europe are shall we say more sophisticated than those in the US. It took quite a search to come up with these examples that are funny yet would not get me banned by Nan ;). My fav is the second with the last being a close runner up. I suspect 2 or 3 of these may be US:

Reaction Score
European advertising is almost invariably funnier than US commercial when they are both intended to be funny. Of course, the censors in Europe are shall we say more sophisticated than those in the US. It took quite a search to come up with these examples that are funny yet would not get me banned by Nan ;). My fav is the second with the last being a close runner up. I suspect 2 or 3 of these may be US:

Rocky, there is a commercial from Germany that has a family getting into a car and turning on the radio. A song with very obscene lyrics in English and a catchy beat comes on, and they all start seat dancing to the song- the ad is for a language learning program. Hilarious

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I did think that as a group they certainly fell short of many years past.
I think that people tend to have "Rosy Retrospection" when it comes to Super Bowl commercials. It seems that every year I hear people say that the commercials were better in past years. I rarely remember the company behind any commercial. Just a poor customer! However, this year I liked the Amazon "items that did not make the cut" one, the Bud Game of Thrones one, and the Washington Post one on the serious side

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think that people tend to have "Rosy Retrospection" when it comes to Super Bowl commercials. It seems that every year I hear people say that the commercials were better in past years. I rarely remember the company behind any commercial. Just a poor customer! However, this year I liked the Amazon "items that did not make the cut" one, the Bud Game of Thrones one, and the Washington Post one on the serious side
This is the Boneyard. Rosy Retrospection is what we do best.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky, there is a commercial from Germany that has a family getting into a car and turning on the radio. A song with very obscene lyrics in English and a catchy beat comes on, and they all start seat dancing to the song- the ad is for a language learning program. Hilarious

Remember mods @Teacherdeb brought it up! 'deb, it is the first one right? Anyone who wants to see the commercial PM me. It's X rated.

I've read some blistering criticisms of the commercials from this year in the social and business media. I think it's a sign of the times, BUT also our PC world has put so much off limits that the comedy is definitely off. It is more than "the good old days" syndrome at work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom