OT - FSU versus Northern Illinois in Orange Bowl? | The Boneyard

OT - FSU versus Northern Illinois in Orange Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Finally a game I will watch. I hope NIU SMOKES them!

And I will be counting the # of tickets FSU sells through the university...

Reaction Score
Looks like I am taking a bath on my Orange Bowl tickets, even worse than last year.

Reaction Score
Finally a game I will watch. I hope NIU SMOKES them!

And I will be keeping a close watch on the # of tickets FSU sells through the university as this is the true test of a football school.
No excuse for them not to sell their allotment and then some since they all saved money by not going to the ACC CG.

Oh, and a nice Spurs win coupled w/ Arsenal losing!

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
No excuse for them not to sell their allotment and then some since they all saved money by not going to the ACC CG.

3 EPL wins in one week...not bad! I just hope we keep Defoe on the roster the rest of the season, he's a Spur through and through and there are rumors of a deal w/ QPR.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can I ask why Boise doesn't qualify? Aren't they under the same rule that if they finish in the Top 16 they'd make it for the same reason NIU would make it? Unless NIU leaped them in the standings Boise would be ranked ahead of them. Do teams from the MWC not count in this rule for some reason? I thought it applied to all non-BCS conferences. Anyone?

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
That's right Arsenal lost! My Swans are rocking this year. Michu is a beast!

Reaction Score
Can I ask why Boise doesn't qualify? Aren't they under the same rule that if they finish in the Top 16 they'd make it for the same reason NIU would make it? Unless NIU leaped them in the standings Boise would be ranked ahead of them. Do teams from the MWC not count in this rule for some reason? I thought it applied to all non-BCS conferences. Anyone?

Guessing they didn't make Top 16. Haven't seen final BCS yet but speculation is that Oklahoma is out as well.

Andy_Staples 4:52pm via TweetDeck
Also, NIU wouldn't be there if the champions of the Big East and Big Ten had managed to be ranked above No. 16.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Swans are a likable side (and tough to play in Wales). Thank you for taking out the "Gooners".

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Guessing they didn't make Top 16. Haven't seen final BCS yet but speculation is that Oklahoma is out as well.

But they'd still qualify if they were in the Top 16 right? I don't see how NIU beating Kent St is worth leaping over Boise, or an idle Michigan at that. However, it's not me voting and I always enjoy seeing the little guy get a shot. I'd love it even more if they beat FSU.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Swans are a likable side (and tough to play in Wales). Thank you for taking out the "Gooners".
My buddies a HUGE Arsenal fan and I told him I'd cheer for Spurs when Dempsey signed with them. He almost ended our friendship right there. Lol!

Reaction Score

Andy_Staples 4:52pm via TweetDeck
Also, NIU wouldn't be there if the champions of the Big East and Big Ten had managed to be ranked above No. 16.
Wisconsin won't (or shouldn't) be top 16 either. Can't put this one all on the BE, Nebraska spitting the bit had as much to do with it as UL choking v. UConn.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
did they win their conference? i think that you have to win your conference to get the bowl bid

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
My buddies a HUGE Arsenal fan and I told him I'd cheer for Spurs when Dempsey signed with them. He almost ended our friendship right there. Lol!

Friends who root for Ars or Chels are expendable.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
did they win their conference? i think that you have to win your conference to get the bowl bid

That might have been it. Not sure if they won or not since there are three teams at 7-1 in the MWC. Maybe you need to win it outright? Not sure. Anyway, moot point now.

Reaction Score
But they'd still qualify if they were in the Top 16 right? I don't see how NIU beating Kent St is worth leaping over Boise, or an idle Michigan at that. However, it's not me voting and I always enjoy seeing the little guy get a shot. I'd love it even more if they beat FSU.
It will be interesting if NIU jumps Boise after both won. Could come down to computers. Since NIU beat a higher ranked team there is a good chance the computers elevate them past BSU. Since Kent St, UCLA, Texas, And Nebraska all lost there is a very good chance one or both of NIU and BSU crack the top 16. Of course, only one is required to be taken. The human poll will be VERY telling. Lets see if the good old BCS boys vote fairly or not.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I actually think the humans are treating Northern Illinois much better than the computers are. I was looking at the BCS prior to this week and Michigan was ony as high as they were due to the computers, not the humans. I think the win over Kent State really helped N Illinois. Plus Nebraska losing as badly as they did probably made extra room for them.

In terms of Boise, they shared the MWC title so I think they were eligible. I just think that N Illinois passed them in the rankings. Higher quality win over Kent State as opposed to Nevada. Only one loss versus two for Boise so maybe some humans re-evaluated their rankings.

Reaction Score
I actually think the humans are treating Northern Illinois much better than the computers are. I was looking at the BCS prior to this week and Michigan was ony as high as they were due to the computers, not the humans. I think the win over Kent State really helped N Illinois. Plus Nebraska losing as badly as they did probably made extra room for them.

In terms of Boise, they shared the MWC title so I think they were eligible. I just think that N Illinois passed them in the rankings. Higher quality win over Kent State as opposed to Nevada. Only one loss versus two for Boise so maybe some humans re-evaluated their rankings.

Boise looking @ Vegas Bowl.

slmandel 5:24pm via TweetDeck
This year's BCS games will feature AP No. 13, 16, 22 and NR teams. Just brutal.

Reaction Score
It's amazing what the bowl situation has come to. The Orange Bowl used to be one hell of an event down here. A week of events, a big ass parade and a big time game that I used to look forward to attending every year, regardless of who was playing. Now, I'm like a lot of people here in that you couldn't give me a ticket to go most years.

Reaction Score
Glad this happened, but it's a joke that NIU made a BCS bowl.

I'd like to hear everyone trash Wisconsin as well. Won't happen, but it'd be nice.

Reaction Score
Will they move more than 3,500 tickets?

Officially? No chance. They are facing the same bullsheet we did with BCS title game being played at same venue. Total scam. The bowl structure as its set up now is not sustainable. Scam of epic proportions.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This matchup is beautiful from the standpoint that it puts FSU in a lose-lose situation. If they win, they only beat a MAC team and nobody will give a . If they lose....oh mamma, if they lose!!! Well let's just say that Northern Illinois won't be the only happy Huskies around here...:)

Reaction Score
Sucks to be Georgia. Or LSU, Texas A&M, South Carolina for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom