OT: Friday Flying Fun | The Boneyard

OT: Friday Flying Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This ought to make travel throughout the US a joy today.

http://news.yahoo.com/fire-control-stops-ohare-midway-flights-120948209.html

All flights in and out of Chicago's two airports were halted Friday morning because of a fire at a suburban Chicago air traffic control facility. The ground stop threatened to send delays and cancellations rippling throughout the nation's air travel network, as more than 500 flights had already been canceled in Chicago and more were expected.
The fire started in the basement of the Chicago Air Route Traffic Control Center in Aurora, about 40 miles west of downtown Chicago, city of Aurora spokesman Dan Ferrelli said in an emailed statement.
The center was evacuated because of the fire, Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Cory said, and management of the region's air space was transferred to other facilities. Authorities said it was unclear how long the stoppage would last.

Reaction Score
screen-shot-2014-09-26-at-7-43-25-am.png

Due to a contractor's purported, self-inflicted burns at the Chicago regional radar facility, a big aviation donut surrounds the world's busiest airport along with Midway and Milwaukee. Not fun!

Reaction Score
Da_Aisijimo_Gou said:
Due to a contractor's purported, self-inflicted burns at the Chicago regional radar facility, a big aviation donut surrounds the world's busiest airport along with Midway and Milwaukee. Not fun!

Well I guess if my son had any thought of flying in to surprise me on my birthday today, the surprise is on him.

Serious disruption to air travel. Stay patient if you have to fly today.

Between that and the battle between the Kurds and ISIS near the Turkish border CNN is busy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom