OT: For Those Feeling Withdrawal From the Season | The Boneyard

OT: For Those Feeling Withdrawal From the Season

Reaction Score
I think we're just all still wondering what went on in Zion, Rocky.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect like horse, which is a big fav of some. Still, it is probably all in the marinade and the chef. Now the condiments are important too. ;) I wouldn't add sauerkraut to my giraffe dog. This lean meat may benefit from a bacon wrap treatment. let you know when I return from out safari later this year, you rascal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Here is a earth cam of Miami and its surrounding areas

EarthCam - Miami and the Beaches Cam

I suspect like horse, which is a big fav of some. Still, it is probably all in the marinade and the chef. Now the condiments are important too. ;) I wouldn't add sauerkraut to my giraffe dog. This lean meat may benefit from a bacon wrap treatment. let you know when I return from out safari later this year, you rascal.

I guess horse taste kinda like zebras..... not that Im curious about grilling or baking either. My parents went to Africa a few years back.... and they were treated to a wild game dinner. I cant remember what wild game was on the menu...... I suspect nothing like lion or hippos..... or giraffes..... I'll have to ask them. Back when I had cable.... I used to enjoy watching the hunting shows..... especially when they went after big game.

Dunno why anyone would put sauerkraut on anything..... Head bang That cabbage would be better served in a slaw.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

I guess horse taste kinda like zebras..... not that Im curious about grilling or baking either. My parents went to Africa a few years back.... and they were treated to a wild game dinner. I cant remember what wild game was on the menu. I suspect nothing like lion or hippos..... or giraffes..... I'll have to ask them. Back when I had cable.... I used to enjoy watching the hunting shows..... especially when they went after big game.

Dunno why anyone would put sauerkraut on anything..... Head bang That cabbage would be better served in a slaw.
I love Ocean Drive and "The Clock"

Reaction Score

Cool. Just checked out the Fontainebleau Hotel on the North end of south Beach. Found the pool where Auric Goldfinger (finally) lost at gin while James Bond was having Jill Masterson tell him the wrong cards while she was spying on his opponent from an upper room in the curved section. Love that place. It's been remodeled a couple times since Goldfinger. Have stayed there 3 times - twice since the most recent remodel. Ahhhh....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cool. Just checked out the Fontainebleau Hotel on the North end of south Beach. Found the pool where Auric Goldfinger (finally) lost at gin while James Bond was having Jill Masterson tell him the wrong cards while she was spying on his opponent from an upper room in the curved section. Love that place. It's been remodeled a couple times since Goldfinger. Have stayed there 3 times - twice since the most recent remodel. Ahhhh....

Long time ago, flew in late and checked in and had Oysters Rockefeller en suite. 2nd best to the L'Enfant Plaza in Washington. 'Course, it's best known for a certain petty burglary. ;)

Reaction Score
Long time ago, flew in late and checked in and had Oysters Rockefeller en suite. 2nd best to the L'Enfant Plaza in Washington. 'Course, it's best known for a certain petty burglary. ;)
My all-time fav is the Island Shangri-la in HK, but the Fontainebleau comes pretty close

Reaction Score
Never got to HK. So far.
Great place to clean up coming out of China. The 'old' China (and much of the current China) left one in desperate need of clean water, air conditioning, beer that doesn't taste like chloroform, etc, etc. Stopping over in HK for a day or 2 on the way out ("to see our attorney", or for whatever excuse we could make up) was like going to heaven.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great place to clean up coming out of China. The 'old' China (and much of the current China) left one in desperate need of clean water, air conditioning, beer that doesn't taste like chloroform, etc, etc. Stopping over in HK for a day or 2 on the way out ("to see our attorney", or for whatever excuse we could make up) was like going to heaven.

I learned a few years ago that IBM had a physician team to deal with IBM employees returning from China/Far East for all sorts of reasons. Yeah, don't drink the water, or the beer, or breath the air or ....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Staying there is on my bucket list...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just do it
I would've if I had known last May when I stayed on South Beach... I was around the corner at Cadillac Marriott, bumped into it on one of my morning strolls to see the yachts across the street from FontaineBleau

Reaction Score
I would've if I had known last May when I stayed on South Beach... I was around the corner at Cadillac Marriott, bumped into it on one of my morning strolls to see the yachts across the street from FontaineBleau
Sounds like you didn't do too badly :cool:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sounds like you didn't do too badly :cool:
I didnt tell my father I was going til I got back... his 1st words when I told him was "where did you stay, Foutainebleau?"

then for the next hour he told me about his stay there back in the 70's or 80's

Reaction Score
We went to Miami for our honeymoon in the late 50's, stayed t another hotel. Other newly married couples staying at the same hotel decided to go to the Fountainbleau for dinner and drinks. When our drinks arrived my husband took a sip of his and told everyone not to drink and called our waiter over. It was moonshine, the waiter apologized, telling us he was instructed to serve moonshine to diners not staying at the hotel. Brought us new drinks.

My husbands grandfather was a booze runner along with "Legs Diamond"and was involved in slot machines. It was very easy to time payoffs on the old mechanical slots.

Reaction Score
just did the math, 5 night would cost me 3000.00... and that's cheap and no breakfast SMH
I just stayed 2 nights each time. First time on business - 3 of us attended a conference at he hotel in the late 90's or early 2000's - it was the Hilton Fontainebleau at that time. We stayed in an older tower - a little "tired" - and the cost was lower than what you looked up. But you can spend a lot more than that too. Some rooms now are equipped with their own Mac computer, B&O speakers, multiple balconies, etc. Drinks are ~$15 at the lobby bar. It's wild - some of the people you see buzzing around the hotel - you can tell it's all just chump change for them.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
maybe I do 3 nights at Marriott Cadillac and the last 2 at Fountaine (Sunday and Monday)... the cheaper prices

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom