OT Food Dehydrators | The Boneyard

OT Food Dehydrators

Reaction Score
Anyone have one? Want to help my diet along by drying fruits as a healthy alternative to the vending machines

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As noted in the air fryer thread, the Breville Smart Oven Air has a dehydrator function, if you wanted something that's multipurpose for all sorts of cooking jobs. I don't use the dehydrator for fruit or jerky (although you certainly can), but I do make dog treats out of leftover pulp from juicing. Not the quietest thing (though I don't know how much noise a "regular" dehydrator makes) but it does the job. And you can put in at least three, if not four, racks, so decent ability to handle volume.

Disclosure: As previously noted elsewhere, I'm a P/T independent rep for Breville who does demos and training. I don't make commissions on sales. But I do own one and use it regularly for all sorts of stuff.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anyone have one? Want to help my diet along by drying fruits as a healthy alternative to the vending machines
Yes. I gave one to my wife for Christmas a while back when we were both trying to lose weight (never ending battle), but my wife calls it the jerky maker (and it does make good jerky) and insists I bought it for her under the guise of buying it for me.

As far as fruit, I've done mainly apple and banana chips. It doesn't come out as good as the store bought, but you know that there are no extra chemicals or added sugars.

Reaction Score
Yes. I gave one to my wife for Christmas a while back when we were both trying to lose weight (never ending battle), but my wife calls it the jerky maker (and it does make good jerky) and insists I bought it for her under the guise of buying it for me.

As far as fruit, I've done mainly apple and banana chips. It doesn't come out as good as the store bought, but you know that there are no extra chemicals or added sugars.

Which one do you have?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom