OT > Florida QB Jeff Driskel free to transfer... | The Boneyard

OT > Florida QB Jeff Driskel free to transfer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was going to pass on posting this but figured it would give someone here a "tingle":

>>On the morning of Florida's game against East Carolina in the Birmingham Bowl, new UF coach Jim McElwain said quarterback Jeff Driskel was free to transfer to another program.<<

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-jeff-driskel-free-to-transfer-171744436.html

>>Since he took a medical redshirt in his Florida career, Driskel will be a graduate transfer if he changes schools. The Raleigh News and Observer listed Duke as a potential option for Driskel last week<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would like our chances to get Everett Golson over Jeff Driskel and my feeling is that we will not be able to get Golson. At least we have a possible connection/relationship established between Diaco and Golson to pin our hopes up on.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@ktuck911 "any chance he would consider..."
grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

Reaction Score
I was going to post this, but didn't want the usual chorus of posters chiming in that he would never consider us. Like I when I suggested we go after the UAB QB, and braniacs were telling me he wouldn't consider us because you know, Texas, UCLA and Oklahoma were after the kid and he transferred to..... South Alabama.

I think the Driskell is interested in Duke which lets face it getting a graduate degree from there is a smart move.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I have been reading Duke's name for Driskell and Braxton Miller. Appears they are chin deep in it for a graduate transfer.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have watched a lot of Driskel the last couple years...he has the physical tools but really struggles in games. Since UConn is in re-boot mode, it doesn't make sense to bring a one year player in who has had issues performing. I wouldn't think he would come this far north anyway, but i don't think he is a good fit.

Reaction Score
The one thing I follow as intently as UConn basketball is Florida Gator football, I watched every snap this kid has taken and I can with absolute confidence say you do not want this guy as your QB. The guy does have the tools but he is lacking where it counts most in between the ears. He has absolutely no sense of touch, he cant throw the deep ball, and he always rifles the short one. Even the year that Florida went 11-2 it was more the running game and defense he good for one good throw a game.

Reaction Score
The one thing I follow as intently as UConn basketball is Florida Gator football, I watched every snap this kid has taken and I can with absolute confidence say you do not want this guy as your QB. The guy does have the tools but he is lacking where it counts most in between the ears. He has absolutely no sense of touch, he cant throw the deep ball, and he always rifles the short one. Even the year that Florida went 11-2 it was more the running game and defense he good for one good throw a game.
So you.... you just described almost every UConn QB in our FBS era except Orlovsky, Cochran, and Endres.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
blkknight1 said:

Yeah living in jacksonville I see a ton of gator football. Driskel is terrible. How he ever beat out Jacoby brisset I will never know.

Reaction Score
He is horrible. Not much more needs to be said.

Yeah, I'm not interested in Florida's leftovers. Florida fans couldn't wait to get him off the field, so why would we want him (rhetorically)? Like our QB situation isn't bad enough as it is. Give me Golston even on a mild day, but don't touch Driskell unless you want more sub-mediocre QB play.

Reaction Score
He has all the tools, but he can't do the things needed to be a quarterback? Something isn't adding up here.

Reaction Score
I wasn't impressed in his performance vs. East Carolina and why do we want to build our program around a 5th year senior anyway?
Wouldn't be "building a program around a 5th year senior". He would simply be a stop gap, allowing your young QB's to adjust to the college level of play until their is depth and competition built up to the point it is next man up with little to no drop off in play/talent.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If it requires promising someone a starter's role (which I seriously doubt this staff would ever do) I would not consider it. Shy of that, any kid who is a good enough student to have graduated in four years (as a football player) and doesn't have any conduct baggage would be welcome as we absolutely could use a couple more bodies at the QB position.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Fraser.

Reaction Score
You beat me to it. Just copied this tweet to paste it here. When these graduate kids move on, they don't move on to the program with highest prestige or well known history, they identify a team where they can play right away and have an impact. No reason to go to Alabama and sit behind Sims, or go to Miami and sit behind Kaaya etc. It must also fit on the academic end of things.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You beat me to it. Just copied this tweet to paste it here. When these graduate kids move on, they don't move on to the program with highest prestige or well known history, they identify a team where they can play right away and have an impact. No reason to go to Alabama and sit behind Sims, or go to Miami and sit behind Kaaya etc. It must also fit on the academic end of things.

Yeah, I forget about the academic requirement of the school not offering a similar program to the player's 4-year school. Maybe we do have a shot at bringing in Golson???

Reaction Score
Yeah, I forget about the academic requirement of the school not offering a similar program to the player's 4-year school. Maybe we do have a shot at bringing in Golson???
At this point I wouldn't count on it nor plan on it.

Dooley

Reaction Score
At this point I wouldn't count on it nor plan on it.

Oh, I'm not putting his name on the 2-deep. Just keeping my fingers crossed that Diaco can work some old relationships to at least get in his ear. We need all the QB help we can get!

Reaction Score
Oh, I'm not putting his name on the 2-deep. Just keeping my fingers crossed that Diaco can work some old relationships to at least get in his ear. We need all the QB help we can get!
Agreed for sure. I also don't think it is a given he is leaving ND. As someone else stated, he missed a year due to academics, is he academically eligible to graduate and transfer?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Agreed for sure. I also don't think it is a given he is leaving ND. As someone else stated, he missed a year due to academics, is he academically eligible to graduate and transfer?

He did recently state that he is set to graduate in May. So, naturally, rumors about him transferring are swirling.

Aside: does UCONN offer some sort of atheist grad course that Notre Dame doesn't offer? We already banned JC from our huddle so we're kinda half of the way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom