OT - First Grad Transfer of 2018-19 | The Boneyard

OT - First Grad Transfer of 2018-19

Reaction Score
Amazing they were on him or even able to talk about this so early in the process? Baylor though so I get it.

Reaction Score
Amazing they were on him or even able to talk about this so early in the process? Baylor though so I get it.
Your not a post grad as a jr that's simply insane. I suspect he will play for Yale this year.That reeks of some kind of abuse which could bring the postgrad transfer rule down. Or at least put some restrictions on it. If he is playing for Yale this year while committed to play for another school the following year and those two teams meet that's beyond awkward.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's playing for Yale this year, but would not have the option for playing in 2018-2019.

The Ivy League doesn't recognize the "five years to play four" rule. In the Ivy, you have four years to play four years - if you're injured one year, as Mason was, you lose that year. If you want to play the fourth year, you have no choice but to transfer out. (E.g. Shonn Miller.)

So there's nothing nefarious here - just a kid planning in advance for the inevitable. It's a smart move - takes the issue off the table.

Reaction Score
He's playing for Yale this year, but would not have the option for playing in 2018-2019.

The Ivy League doesn't recognize the "five years to play four" rule. In the Ivy, you have four years to play four years - if you're injured one year, as Mason was, you lose that year. If you want to play the fourth year, you have no choice but to transfer out. (E.g. Shonn Miller.)

So there's nothing nefarious here - just a kid planning in advance for the inevitable. It's a smart move - takes the issue off the table.
Darn. I was refreshing my twitter feed hoping to see Blake Harris was transferring to UConn after a year at Missouri.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom