OT - Firefox crashes | The Boneyard

OT - Firefox crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or have Firefox versions 7.x and 8.x crashing numerous times a day ???

I'd hate to waste a lot of time trying to fix a problem that everyone is having !

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I'm running FF 8.0 with no problems at all. Never had an issue with 7 either.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
running version 8 with no problems

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Thanks -Something must be wrong that ain't right.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The Adobe Flash plug-in that runs on this site in particular crashes all the time, and this then crashes any other instance of Flash that might be open on my computer. It also freezes up my computer for several moments. I use Firefox also. It happens so much that I have just gotten used to it as a cost of doing business on the new BY. :p

In my case it doesn't actually crash Firefox, though (meaning I don't have to close and re-open my browser).

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Steve Jobs was spot on.... Flash is a piece of you-know-what. Not to mention a security nightmare.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The Adobe Flash plug-in that runs on this site in particular crashes all the time, and this then crashes any other instance of Flash that might be open on my computer. It also freezes up my computer for several moments. I use Firefox also. It happens so much that I have just gotten used to it as a cost of doing business on the new BY. :p

In my case it doesn't actually crash Firefox, though (meaning I don't have to close and re-open my browser).

Thanks to RoyDodger &VAMike 23. Checked the Firefox site & found my Adobe plug-in was out of date - Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
I had problems all week with Safari crashing. Took computer to a wi-fi place and all worked fine there so it wasn't computer but either provider or something else. Read online suggestion to turn router off/on which in my case meant to unplug/plug. Everything cleared up. So that's another option to try.

Reaction Score
I'm using 7.0 and it crashes almost every day, but to be fair, I have six windows opened and about 15 tabs in each. I find it easier to jump around that way better than bookmarks, so I accept the crashing...when I restart the computer I restart the previous session.But once a week I also get Adobe crashing, but that may be I also have 3 movies paused as well...:rolleyes:
So I'm still happy because I figure it's all my fault...:)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Steve Jobs was spot on.... Flash is a piece of you-know-what. Not to mention a security nightmare.

Steve Jobs was "spot on" about an awful lot. I've been using Macs since 1993. They work like a charm and have never had a virus.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Interesting Firefox never crashes for me on two PCs and a Mac.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or have Firefox versions 7.x and 8.x crashing numerous times a day ???

I'd hate to waste a lot of time trying to fix a problem that everyone is having !

Go to tools>add-ons>plug-ins and disable all. One of these is most likely causing issue. Bring them back one at a time to identify culprit.

Reaction Score
I used Firefox for years, but 7.01 was so unstable I switched and have never looked back. As mentioned above, I had constant problems with Flash and Firefox working together.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Apparently Flash was the culprit - Thanks to all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom