OT: Fantasy Football | The Boneyard

OT: Fantasy Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since we are all sports fans here, I was just wondering if anyone is signed-up with a Fantasy Football League? If so, how many people are in your league? What kind of league? PPR? Who have you drafted and how do you think your team is going to do?? Just thought I'd see what people think of the upcoming season and their respective teams.

My League: Yahoo 12 Person league, PPR, Passing TD=6pts instead of 4

My Team (Starters):QB: Andrew Luck
HB: Frank Gore
HB: Ray Rice
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Lance Moore
WR: Steve Smith
TE: Tony Gonzalez
DEF: Denver
K: David Akers

Bench: DeAngelo Williams, Heyward-Bey, Andy Dalton, Jermaine Gresham, Brian Hartline

*I am worried about Brandon Marshall's current status. Seems like a head-case. Didn't know much about him until after I drafted him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Demaryius Thomas
TE: Martellus Bennett
DEF: Texans
K: Randy Bullock

I have Forte, Lance Moore, Kenny Britt, Jermaine Gresham, Robert Woods, Josh Freeman, and Jonathan Dwyer on the bench. I picked up Percy Harvin off of waivers to fill my Injured Reserve slot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
Jimmy Graham, NO TE
DeMarco Murray, Dal RN
Texans D/ST
Matt Bryant,

Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
BenchLamar Miller, Mia RB
BenchPierre Garcon, Wsh WR
BenchTavon Austin, StL WR
BenchBrandon Myers, NYG TE
BenchZach Sudfeld, NE TE
BenchLe'Veon Bell, Pit RB

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I have Forte, Lance Moore, Kenny Britt, Jermaine Gresham, Robert Woods, Josh Freeman, and Jonathan Dwyer on the bench. I picked up Percy Harvin off of waivers to fill my Injured Reserve slot.

he's one of my favorite players, but why woods?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Since we are all sports fans here, I was just wondering if anyone is signed-up with a Fantasy Football League? If so, how many people are in your league? What kind of league? PPR? Who have you drafted and how do you think your team is going to do?? Just thought I'd see what people think of the upcoming season and their respective teams.

My League: Yahoo 12 Person league, PPR, Passing TD=6pts instead of 4

My Team (Starters):QB: Andrew Luck
HB: Frank Gore
HB: Ray Rice
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Lance Moore
WR: Steve Smith
TE: Tony Gonzalez
DEF: Denver
K: David Akers

Bench: DeAngelo Williams, Heyward-Bey, Andy Dalton, Jermaine Gresham, Brian Hartline

*I am worried about Brandon Marshall's current status. Seems like a head-case. Didn't know much about him until after I drafted him.

nice team

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
Hakeem Nicks, NYG WR
Jimmy Graham, NO TE
DeMarco Murray, Dal RN
Texans D/ST
Matt Bryant,

Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
BenchLamar Miller, Mia RB
BenchPierre Garcon, Wsh WR
BenchTavon Austin, StL WR
BenchBrandon Myers, NYG TE
BenchZach Sudfeld, NE TE
BenchLe'Veon Bell, Pit RB

You get these guys just from draft picks?

PS: I also drafted Bell but that was before his foot self-destructed.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You get these guys just from draft picks?

PS: I also drafted Bell but that was before his foot self-destructed.

i did A LOT of trading. i down right robbed people of picks before the draft, they didn't know what they were doing clearly. prize is 120 so i'm happy,

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
i did A LOT of trading. i down right robbed people of picks before the draft, they didn't know what they were doing clearly. prize is 120 so i'm happy,

I was gonna say, how did you get Spiller, Morris, Thomas, and Graham in the first four picks haha. But I love Demaryius Thomas he's a great player, but his numbers will get cut down a tad this year because of Welker. Still should be a top 10 WR.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I was gonna say, how did you get Spiller, Morris, Thomas, and Graham in the first four picks haha. But I love Demaryius Thomas he's a great player, but his numbers will get cut down a tad this year because of Welker. Still should be a top 10 WR.

he will be imo. and i picked bell up in FA after somebody dropped him, so i hope he starts when he gets back. he's worth a spot at the end of my bench

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
he will be imo. and i picked bell up in FA after somebody dropped him, so i hope he starts when he gets back. he's worth a spot at the end of my bench

I might re-consider picking him back up...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bell is already out of the walking boot; he'll be back by week 3 if you ask me.

Reaction Score

Are you in a keeper league or just have less people than my league?? Your team is ridiculously good.

Reaction Score

Ben Roethlisberger, I don't have much faith in him as a stud QB anymore. Cobb and Jordy's numbers should increase with Greg Jennings gone. D Thomas should have another huge year with Peyton also. You have a nice team. Really good recievers. And solid RB set. You waited into the late rounds for your Tight End huh?? How many ppl in your league?? Also, you a Pack fan or did you just pick Jordy and Cobb for their potential increased numbers?

Reaction Score

Oh DAMN!! Didn't see the bottom of your post. Your team is stacked too!!! How many ppl in your league???

Reaction Score

I don't like the Cobb/Nelson combo at all. Every time Rodgers drops back, one of them isn't getting the ball. Every time Rodgers throws a TD, one of them isn't getting it. You're really limiting what you can put up in any given week.

You can do much better than Big Ben at QB.

Harvin is out until your fantasy playoffs. Don't waste a roster spot him all season.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Who's down for a Boneyard league? I'll start it up if we can get 10-12 on Yahoo. Maybe we can figure out a way to put some $ on the line as well.

LIKE my post if you're in and if I get 12 then I'll start one up.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

Oh DAMN!! Didn't see the bottom of your post. Your team is stacked too!!! How many ppl in your league???
It is a 10 man league. And deepster, I picked up Nelson because I want to trade him for either a QB or another WR. I drafted Big Ben in the late rounds, quarterbacks are all the same except for Rodgers, Bree's, Brady, Ryan, and Griffin/Newton.

Reaction Score
It is a 10 man league. And deepster, I picked up Nelson because I want to trade him for either a QB or another WR. I drafted Big Ben in the late rounds, quarterbacks are all the same except for Rodgers, Bree's, Brady, Ryan, and Griffin/Newton.

If all the QB's are the same, why would you draft Nelson to trade for one of them?

And, for what it's worth, I don't agree all QB's are the same. Stafford threw for the 4th most yds in NFL history 2 years ago, so you could have found someone with higher upside than Ben. Romo is going to probably have as good a fantasy year, maybe better than Brady or Ryan. Peyton Manning? Face it. Your QB's are thin.

Reaction Score
CTbasketball , was forte your second round pick? Think hell have a great year. I'm in a ten man keeper ppr espn league.
QB-Andy Dalton, 8th round
QB2-Sam Bradford, 6th round
RB-Trent Richardson(Keeper)
RB2-Matt Forte , 3rd round (first round since keepers)
WR-Calvin Johnson (Keeper)
WR2-Andre Johnson, 5th round
TE-Kyle Rudolph,7th round
FLEX- Darren Sproles, 4th round
D/ST- RAVENS,late pick
K- Gostkowski , late pick

BENCH- James Jones/WR, Shane Vareen/RB, Golden Tate/WR, terrel pryor/QB, Andre brown /RB, Jacoby Jones/WR
QBs look scary thin but I think Bradford takes a big leap forward with the new offensive weapons in STL.

Reaction Score
QB- Aaron Rodgers
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - AJ Green
RB - David Wilson
RB- Giovani Bernard
TE - Antonio Gates
Flex- Eric Decker
K - Stephen Gostkowski
Def - Seattle

Bench - Jonathan Dwyer
Bench - Ronnie Hillman
Bench - Stevie Johnson
Bench - Jacoby Jones
Bench - DeAndre Hopkins
Bench - Brandon Meyers

12 team PPR league

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
CTbasketball , was forte your second round pick? Think hell have a great year. I'm in a ten man keeper ppr espn league.

I picked Forte up in the middle rounds...I think 4-6th maybe? I'm in a PPR league as well, so I took Marshawn Lynch in the first and Darren Sproles in the second.

I might hold onto Forte just because he'll be good to keep from the competition.

Reaction Score
I too am in a league - with my brother and his wife, and my friends Pete, Andre and Rodney. I am very happy to inform everyone that I was the winner some years ago.

Not to give too much away, but in this years draft, I basically guaranteed my return to the championship.

QB - Z Collaris - Toronto
RB - D Akers - Detroit
TE - S Janikowski - Oakland
WR - M Bradwell -Toronto
DE - N Folk - NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics