OT - Embarrassment of Riches at FSU | The Boneyard

OT - Embarrassment of Riches at FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's wrong with these kids. It makes sense for RB's and WR's but there is only one QB on the field.

Reaction Score
One will play as true freshman.
One will redshirt.
One will waste 2 of his 5 years before transferring to a smaller school(unless he takes the Lagow route and leaves before classes start.

Reaction Score
this sounds all well and good but when stuff like this happens with quarterbacks Oxford Bob has it pretty much right. 1 will win the job, 1 will transfer and 1 will redshirt then transfer or turn out to play as a d-back or a receiver. . I get that these guys all think they will be the guy who plays, but I don't get why a coach would even do this. Seems like he's asking for trouble.

Reaction Score
Of course it is Florida State, so you do have to be prepared for the arrests, investigations, and such that might keep your guy off the field for a quarter or two.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
this sounds all well and good but when stuff like this happens with quarterbacks Oxford Bob has it pretty much right. 1 will win the job, 1 will transfer and 1 will redshirt then transfer or turn out to play as a d-back or a receiver. . I get that these guys all think they will be the guy who plays, but I don't get why a coach would even do this. Seems like he's asking for trouble.

You dont get why a coach would stockpile as much talent at the most important position as possible? What "trouble" is he asking for? These kids all think they are going to win the job. The reality typically plays out just as Oxford Bob described. None of that matters to the coach as long as the best of the 3 is behind cemter on his team.

Reaction Score
players can switch positions. FSU had a pretty good WR who started out as a QB, Anquan Boldin.

Reaction Score
They've always gotten players. It just took awhile for Fisher to come into his own as the head guy and having a run of NFL quarterbacks sure as hell has helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom