OT - Email Addresses (GMail, AOL, HotMail etc.) | The Boneyard

OT - Email Addresses (GMail, AOL, HotMail etc.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
which do you use?

I use AOL.com... my smartphone is under gmail but I never use it.

I recently read that if I'm looking for employment or new connections its best to make sure you have an up to date.

They say my AOL domain would be a bad sign to employers, it shows that I'm not into change and old school and most job want fresh up to date people.

I think I've been using emails since the mid-90's... and its always been AOL due to the free-hours CD's that AOL offered.

Reaction Score
Why not register "DaddyChoc.com" as a domain so that your mail address will ALWAYS be Dad@DaddyChoc.com no matter which provider you select as your ISP provider?
Just forward your mail to Comcast, COX or whomever.
BTW: DaddyChoc.com IS available as a domain name.
PS: It's actually quite simple (and cheap) to do. Doesn't marry you to any
particular provider..

Reaction Score
Also easy to get and use a second account. I have three but one I don't really use. Use one for friends and family. Use the other for shopping, accounts, etc.
AOL for business would scream behind the times.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Also easy to get and use a second account. I have three but one I don't really use. Use one for friends and family. Use the other for shopping, accounts, etc.
AOL for business would scream behind the times.
What do you use?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Why not register "DaddyChoc.com" as a domain so that your mail address will ALWAYS be Dad@DaddyChoc.com no matter which provider you select as your ISP provider?
particular provider..
Are you JimGunther.com?

Reaction Score
FYI, verizon.net email users are being moved to AOL. Verizon is getting out of the email business. Your verizon.net email address will remain the same, it is just AOL providing an email site,should you not use a third party software like MS Live Mail.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yes, AOL screams behind the times. Some see it as a cry for help. I have three email addresses, all for different purposes
particular provider..
Good man, great idea, great name.

Reaction Score
Old email address may be behind the times, but back then you got almost any name you wanted. I even got... mymail@, my first name, my initials.

Also, I picked one to be my last four digits of a phone number + the house number.... easy to remember and easy to give over the phone, all my junk goes there....:)

Reaction Score
Are you JimGunther.com?
Yes
I own several domains (business and hobby). The 100-plus e-mail addresses forward to (now) Frontier.
Actually, that's not quite accurate. I embargo (and delete) 95% of the e-mail at the server - the penalty for having a number of business addresses is SPAM.
Recent switch from Comcast to Frontier (for TV and internet) was simple.

Reaction Score
I have 2 active addresses - msn and gmail. The msn address is very old and a lot of people have it, so I kept it. gmail is just to be more modern, plus it is necessary to have a gmail account in order to subscribe to youtube channels or upload videos to youtube. Also with a gmail account you can upload oversize files (too big to e-mail, such as large phone videos, etc.) to Google in order to send them to someone else.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My 2 cents -

I have a Verizon..net account that I don't use (and haven't been charged for in years), but it was still there getting the odd e-mail last I checked. I use it every once in a while when a business doesn't want a "yahoo" e-mail, which is my regular e-mail. Thirdly, I have a Rutgers.edu account provided free to alumni, but it just forwards to yahoo.

My wife has the mandatory "gmail" account, which she doesn't use except as part of what links calendars, phone lists, etc. between her and I.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have 2 active addresses - msn and gmail. The msn address is very old and a lot of people have it, so I kept it. gmail is just to be more modern, plus it is necessary to have a gmail account in order to subscribe to youtube channels or upload videos to youtube. Also with a gmail account you can upload oversize files (too big to e-mail, such as large phone videos, etc.) to Google in order to send them to someone else.
Didn't know that about GMail... but I think that's what my YouTube acct in under

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom