OT: Eating Challenges | The Boneyard

OT: Eating Challenges

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever tried one of those eating challenges that some restaurants have? Anyone ever thought about trying one out?

There is a relatively new bakery here in town.... and was looking at the menu just now.. and scrolled down and saw what they call the "The Baker and the Bellyache". For $55 dollars....... it consists of 6 cupcakes, 8 scoops of ice cream...... with toppings and syrups. If two people can eat it under 30 minutes... then its free. It doesnt sound that hard.... I think the hardest part is the ice cream and withstanding the headaches you get from eating ice cream too fast Head bang

then there is the 55 Challenge at Hwy 55.... a chain restaurant here in NC. I wish they had this back in my younger days..... I could probably have pulled it off .... dont think i could do it now Head bang

five-five-challenge.jpg

Reaction Score
To me there's too little time to enjoy the food. "The Baker and the Bellyache" sounds great but I don't see much pleasure in stuffing it down and enduring the brain freeze and almost guaranteed indigestion, to say nothing of the diabetic shock.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Can't see the point simply for the dubious pleasure of the food you are eating being free. Or, as some places do, having your picture on the wall. OTH - they want to pay you, go for it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can't see the point simply for the dubious pleasure of the food you are eating being free. Or, as some places do, having your picture on the wall. OTH - they want to pay you, go for it.

:oops: Guess Im a glutton :(

I wouldnt want my picture on any wall.... its one thing to be a glutton...... but you dont want the rest of the world/city to know you are a glutton too :oops:

I stopped by the bakery to pick up some cake this evening.... and checked out the sizes of the cupcakes. As I thought.... the cupcake size wouldnt be a problem..... it would be the ice cream and the toppings..... I assume they would stack it with whipped cream, chocolate syrup perhaps.... and possibly some cherries or nuts.....

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have a certificate somewhere for eating a 64oz steak in one sitting. It was from a resort in the Bahamas and both my friend and I did it, not thinking it was that big a deal. Really played havoc on our golf game the next morning, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom