OT: Easton v. PBurg 113th Time | The Boneyard

OT: Easton v. PBurg 113th Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm guessing some Boneyarders have family in the NJ/Pa border area.

113th meeting of Easton, Pa and Phillipsburg, NJ.

Red Rovers best Stateliners for 5th time in a row.

My family was mostly based on Pa side but had some cousins in Jersey. Went toany games Thanksgiving morning and enjoyed a few bonfires at pep rallies on night before.

16-13. Easton wins today.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sad for me. Hartford Weaver vs Hartford Public was the annual family TDay event. Weaver no longer has its own team. Weaver kids have to play on a team combined with a few other schools including, I think, former city rival Bulkeley.

Reaction Score
Sad for me. Hartford Weaver vs Hartford Public was the annual family TDay event. Weaver no longer has its own team. Weaver kids have to play on a team combined with a few other schools including, I think, former city rival Bulkeley.

Serious question: Do the students and faculty at Weaver call the school, Hartford Weaver?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Serious question: Do the students and faculty at Weaver call the school, Hartford Weaver?
Well I was there a looooong time ago and we never called it Hartford Weaver. Can’t speak for now.

Reaction Score
A member of the Weaver Faithful from the old Capital District Conference

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A member of the Weaver Faithful from the old Capital District Conference
When? I’m Blue Hills area and graduated Weaver in -gulp - 1963. Our big star in 3 sports was John Lee, a year ahead of me. John Egan is about 7 years older than me and lived several blocks from me on the same street.

Reaction Score
When? I’m Blue Hills area and graduated Weaver in -gulp - 1963. Our big star in 3 sports was John Lee, a year ahead of me. John Egan is about 7 years older than me and lived several blocks from me on the same street.
I just meant you CZ. When I hear Weaver I think of the Faithful which was a nickname given to their fans. I finished up about a decade after you but at another school in the conference. I remember they didn't have glass backboards for bball and rocks being thrown at the bus after football. Tough place. Tough fans.Tough teams. Kicked ass.
Owen Mahorn was a couple of years ahead of me. He passed in 2015. I think in football
they use to hang at least 60 on us all the time. Good track. Baseball not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom