OT: Duke gets another kid to reclassify and commit | The Boneyard

OT: Duke gets another kid to reclassify and commit

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Never mind. He already committed. Just reclassified

Reaction Score
I don't see how moving up a year helps a player get NBA ready? We're not talking Lebron here

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't see how moving up a year helps a player get NBA ready? We're not talking Lebron here
Because he's going to Duke, which typically helps your NBA stock better than high school.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All that one and done talent, not a single upper classman to lead the way and the obligatory "surprise" exit from the dance
I guess if it doesn't bother you as a fan that's fine but the storied history of that program and it's "clean as a whistle" coach, to me, has begun to tarnish.
Whatever
Let's talk UConn

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

You’re in the league one year sooner.

History shows that age at the time of the draft has a huge factor on your success.

Being a freshman who the sophomore age doesn’t help you that much.

Reaction Score
All that one and done talent, not a single upper classman to lead the way and the obligatory "surprise" exit from the dance
I guess if it doesn't bother you as a fan that's fine but the storied history of that program and it's "clean as a whistle" coach, to me, has begun to tarnish.
Whatever
Let's talk UConn
How has it begun to tarnish?

Reaction Score
Unless he's that good, he'll be drafted among those a year older and more mature, which would hurt his stock?

Has nothing to do with Duke or high school

Reaction Score
Krapowski has lost all credibility as an "educator". His "student/athlete" ruse disgusts me. Rather he just admit he is squid 2.0 as at least Cal rarely mentions anything about classes. Blah.

Reaction Score
He didn’t do much in the under Armour circuit the last couple of weekends. Not sure if that’s significant or not.

Reaction Score
Baker put up ugly shooting numbers in UAA play last summer, and this season through 8 games he’s only averaging 10.9 PPG on 38% shooting playing with 2019 kids. I’m sure he can be a solid shooter off the catch, but reclassifying is an aggressive move for him.

There’s a better shot that he ends up like Tucker or Thornton than being an impact player for Duke this year. Coach K is starting to get in this habit of rushing kids when they aren’t ready, and it hasn’t helped either side.

Reaction Score
Still waiting for the rats latest edition of how bad the fifth year graduation student transfer rules are for college basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s truely incredible how Baker could look at Dukes roster of wings and think he’ll even play next year. They have so many SF Zion has to play PF, and O’Connell is actually pretty good and has a year of experience on him. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Baker put up ugly shooting numbers in UAA play last summer, and this season through 8 games he’s only averaging 10.9 PPG on 38% shooting playing with 2019 kids. I’m sure he can be a solid shooter off the catch, but reclassifying is an aggressive move for him.

There’s a better shot that he ends up like Tucker or Thornton than being an impact player for Duke this year. Coach K is starting to get in this habit of rushing kids when they aren’t ready, and it hasn’t helped either side.

K is at the point in his career where he's not taking chances on whether he'll be alive to coach them. Pretty selfless deed if I don't say so myself. Him and Boeheim are in true win now mode.

Reaction Score
I'm going to agree with @gtcam here.

Cool, Duke gets another big time recruit.

Bet Duke doesn't win the National Championship in 2019.

Reaction Score
Whatever
Let's talk UConn
Spot on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44