OT: Donyell Marshall Jr. | The Boneyard

OT: Donyell Marshall Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Disclaimer: we have not offered, nor do I think we ever will (you will see why in a couple of sentences). I just thought that some folks would have some interest in seeing where the son of one of our former greats ends up. 6-6, 175 lb PF playing his high school ball in the Cleveland suburbs, just received his first two offers today: Rider (one of his dad's former stops as an assistant) and DII Kutztown.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/donyell-marshall-jr

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Some posters are going to say what are we thinking not offering him?! His dad's a uconn legend get him now!

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Some posters are going to say what are we thinking not offering him?! His dad's a uconn legend get him now!

I didn't intend on bringing that argument here, but I agree with you. Goes to show why you offer a player because of who he is, not who their relatives are. I would want a player like IEA even if Khalid wasn't his father...

Reaction Score
I'm just coming in to say that I cant wait until we get Khalid's son, I hope pops is at a lot of the games, hanging out with Carmen and Mama Boat, fighting off their advances

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Just a PSA: Ollie has not extended a scholarship offer to IEA yet. Sorry if I ruined anyone's day with that tidbit.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We have a lot of ex-players with kids. Can't offer them all. Tell Doyell his kid could come as a walk-on. Hopefully, Yell has plenty of money and it would be good for his kid who would be a crowd favorite. He'd learn a bunch about basketball and his old man. Just keep him away from a tournament game where there are foul shots needed to win.

Reaction Score
I'm just coming in to say that I cant wait until we get Khalid's son, I hope pops is at a lot of the games, hanging out with Carmen and Mama Boat, fighting off their advances
I don't think we're even close to offering. His only reported offers are DePaul and Texas Tech. And while Ish was rated highly by Scout (think he was top 40), he dropped out of the most recent rankings and is now a 3 star.

Reaction Score
I didn't intend on bringing that argument here, but I agree with you. Goes to show why you offer a player because of who he is, not who their relatives are. I would want a player like IEA even if Khalid wasn't his father...
Actually, there was this one time we did Sam Cassell a favor by giving his kid a scholarship.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I don't think we're even close to offering. His only reported offers are DePaul and Texas Tech. And while Ish was rated highly by Scout (think he was top 40), he dropped out of the most recent rankings and is now a 3 star.
Yeah I noticed that too. I mean - if we have extra schollies, I wouldn't mind having IEA on the team...if he's only a 3 star player, then he really shouldn't be considered for a serious role.

Reaction Score
Caron, Jr. on his way, too (a ways to go, looks like he's playing on 15U team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom