OT: Don Rickles makes it to 90, but no more. | The Boneyard

OT: Don Rickles makes it to 90, but no more.

Reaction Score
His brand of humor (which I found hilarious) would be a tough sell in
today's PC world.

Reaction Score
Testing boundaries he did, he did.

RIP
I never saw what others apparently saw in him. His verbal comments were insulting and far from funny and less funny to the person or person being insulted---the rat pack liked him---who would know??? No me!

Reaction Score
I came to believe that - at least in his later years - his targets were in on the joke.
Godspeed!

I never saw what others apparently saw in him. His verbal comments were insulting and far from funny and less funny to the person or person being insulted---the rat pack liked him---who would know??? No me!

Reaction Score
I came to believe that - at least in his later years - his targets were in on the joke.
Godspeed!
I disliked his brand of humor, his presentation or anyone--I haven't watch him or his movies or TV with anyone--for 60 years.
Who needs more insults, why is constant insults funny---even if the insulted are in on the (hard to say this) the joke.
As you can see that attempt at humor is not my taste---Sammy, Dean Martin, Even stupid Jerry (childish humor), Frank were better than this guy.

Reaction Score
Why can't Jimmy Fallon be as funny as Mr. Carson?

Fallon needs a job where he gets paid to laugh at jokes and leave the telling part to those better suited for the task.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To each their own but I always laughed at Don Rickles even if the laughter was due to guilty pleasure. I really enjoyed him during the Carson skits and monologues as well as the Dean Martin Celebrity roasts. There were no innocent victims in those environments. Everyone was fair game. Even in his night club acts, every one in the audience I am sure would have loved being picked apart by Rickles (why go otherwise).

It would be fun to imagine his first words (schtick) to god in heaven and if he started going after all the angels. Of course, he could have been sent to the other place for a real Roast. RIP

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Rickles also did two war movies, Kelly's Heroes and Run Silent Run Deep(that had an allstar cast).

Reaction Score
Loved his unique style, and what's interesting to me: his "targets" loved it too. :D

RIP Don Rickles

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Saw he was turning 90 when we were in Cali last year because we happened to be street parked in front of the venue for his then-upcoming 90th birthday party, which they were advertising. And the list of folks scheduled to be there was pretty spectacular, although the facility didn't seem overly large from the outside

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom