OT - Don Brown | The Boneyard

OT - Don Brown

Reaction Score
A Michigan defense that lost ten starters is toying with Florida right now. He has to be the best there is around at out-scheming overwhelmed college quarterbacks - Zaire the Notre Dame transfer has no idea where the bodies are coming from.

With what he's done constructing elite defenses at three different schools now...damn, I know the die-hard football fans know about him, but still. Best kept secret in college football. I was heart-broken when he left for BC, but he's also responsible for getting me into UConn football. It's been a lot of fun watching him at Michigan.

Reaction Score
Anyone notice the starting the right OT for Michigan today?

Reaction Score
With what he's done constructing elite defenses at three different schools now...damn, .

Not three schools, five schools. Two FCS national championships at UMASS, and a 9 win season his last year at Maryland. He also took over as an interim baseball coach at Yale for one season and led them to an Ivy title, so yes there is something truly special about the guy. When PP was canned I was ridiculed for mentioning Don Brown as a good candidate for the UCONN HC job, PP was old and most on the board wanted someone young and sexy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Per one of the local reporters - forgot which one- Brown was hoping to interview for the UConn opening when Diaco was canned - never got a call from AD Dave.
Which is fine, I like the new staff - just an FYI.
The guy would have loved the UConn job

Reaction Score
Browns defense against bridgewater in the upset win over Louisville was epic.
If it was a boxing match they would have stopped it after five rounds

and the win at Maryland. That poor QB was a punching bag.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Per one of the local reporters - forgot which one- Brown was hoping to interview for the UConn opening when Diaco was canned - never got a call from AD Dave.
speechbubbleemoticon-shock-surprise.gif

Reaction Score
The best defense is aggressive.

I'm no expert on what is truly the best D but Brown actually had me loving our D. I'm a typical fan that likes offense and just hopes the defense holds. When he was here I was excited for the defensive series. It seemed more likely something big would happen on D than it did on O.

Reaction Score

He should have been hired instead of P.

Reaction Score
Don Brown's D under P had Sio Moore and Yawin Smallwood taking over games. It was a blast to watch. I have speculated that when Brown left the glue holding the program together let loose and chaos ensued. I don't think P had any relationship with the players.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Nolan Ulizio - UConn Commit/Decommit/Michigan Commit (2015 class)

Meh, UConn (and tons of other schools) are gonna have to face the facts that when one of their targets gets an offer from one of these Top 10 programs, they are gonna lose them. We have to recruit around that for a while until we re-develop our own reputation for producing.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Michigan QB blew so much smoke up his he could of flew!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Also, Joe Moorehead's offense put up 52 points for Penn State. To think we had both those guys as potential replacements for RE 1.0 and went with P and D.

Reaction Score
My cousin played for Don Brown at Plymouth State back in the 90's. Says the guy is a genius. Would have run through a brick wall for him.
My good friend started his college career at Middle Tennessee State before transferring to play for Don Brown at UMass. He says the same thing about Don Brown, amazing coach and viewed him as a second dad.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Nolan Ulizio - UConn Commit/Decommit/Michigan Commit (2015 class)
Impressed he's starting. If I remember correctly he was a late steal by Michigan. Good for him to be starting!

Reaction Score
Don Brown's defense requires the talent level that Michigan recruits.

The scheme takes a lot of chances, but when you have speed and strength, it all comes together.

Don Brown could very well be an NFL defensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
Don Brown did very well with BC's talent level, that's not exactly Michigan level talent.

We should have hired Brown now instead of RE2. That's 3 times he was available and our AD screwed it up big time!

Reaction Score
My cousin played for Don Brown at Plymouth State back in the 90's. Says the guy is a genius. Would have run through a brick wall for him.

My good friend started his college career at Middle Tennessee State before transferring to play for Don Brown at UMass. He says the same thing about Don Brown, amazing coach and viewed him as a second dad.
My closest friend played for Don Brown when he was the named interim baseball coach at Yale in '92. He said they absolutely loved him. Coincidentally.....The last time Yale won an NCAA regional baseball game (before this past spring) was in 1992, a loser’s bracket win over Nicholls State. Yale went 26-10 under Brown. My buddy said Brown wasn't a baseball guy. But he was fiery, passionate, and a great motivator. More importantly, he was a great man. The guy has been a winner everywhere he's been.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom