OT: Dick Vitale defended Rick Pitino after reading his new memoir | The Boneyard

OT: Dick Vitale defended Rick Pitino after reading his new memoir

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
His argument seems to be that he didn't get indicted so he shouldn't have been fired. I guess all of the blatant NCAA violations are fine with him.

Reaction Score
Just notice who he has defended over the years.
Calipari, the guy who's had two Final Fours vacated due to shady activity.
Pitino, even after all that's been proven over the years about sex on the table in a restaurant, the strippers in the dorm (including having "relations" with the recruits and their fathers) and the shoe company payoffs. Especially funny to hear Pitino is railing against the shoe companies while his contract with Adidas reportedly gave 90% of the money to him rather than the school.
And, best of all, Jim Valvano. He ran a dirty program at NC State, was certified as a crook in the book "Personal Fouls" (read it to see how dirty he was), but got lucky in the game with Houston so Vitale took his death from cancer as a means to immortalize him so every year we have to have V week.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Just notice who he has defended over the years.
Calipari, the guy who's had two Final Fours vacated due to shady activity.
Pitino, even after all that's been proven over the years about sex on the table in a restaurant, the strippers in the dorm (including having "relations" with the recruits and their fathers) and the shoe company payoffs. Especially funny to hear Pitino is railing against the shoe companies while his contract with Adidas reportedly gave 90% of the money to him rather than the school.
And, best of all, Jim Valvano. He ran a dirty program at NC State, was certified as a crook in the book "Personal Fouls" (read it to see how dirty he was), but got lucky in the game with Houston so Vitale took his death from cancer as a means to immortalize him so every year we have to have V week.

Anybody see a common theme here? All these coaches just happen to be Italian-American. What a shocker that Vitale defends them all.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Keeping it in La Famiglia? Well, there was the Vegas exception in Jerry Tarkanian.

Having been a former college and NBA coach, Vitale is an apologist for all of them. I'm sure he may have, but I've never heard him disparage any coach for off the court activities, no matter how egregious the behavior might have been. He does, however, seem to have a particular penchant for deifying his Italian brethren.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Having been a former college and NBA coach, Vitale is an apologist for all of them. I'm sure he may have, but I've never heard him disparage any coach for off the court activities, no matter how egregious the behavior might have been. He does, however, seem to have a particular penchant for deifying his Italian brethren.

I think they just happen to be Italian.

There is no coach he deifies more than the very Polish Saint Krzyzewski.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Dicky V like others, even though he's a caricature, as I think he's a good cheerleader for CBB.

That said, he is the ultimate ball washer.
I dont either but BSPN needs to be put out to pasture already. Its sad listening to him do games nowadays.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Vitale is close to be a Diaper Dandy himself. Time to call it a day, Dick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom