OT: Devon Booker... | The Boneyard

OT: Devon Booker...

Reaction Score
And he was like the fourth best player at Kentucky. So unfair the talent Calipari gets.

Reaction Score
The Suns put out the youngest starting lineup in NBA history tonight, a full year younger on average than the one Gonzaga put out last night

I will one-up you. The average age of the Suns starters is less than 7 out of the 8 teams that played last night in the Sweet 16. I don't really think they are going to do any big things with this roster, but amazing stat regardless.

Reaction Score
I remember watching that draft. C's were 17. My son & I wanted Booker hard. Supposedly best shooter in draft.

He went 15th and C's took Rozier @ 17. Ugghh

And he was like the fourth best player at Kentucky. So unfair the talent Calipari gets.

Reaction Score
he actually didnt start at UK, but pro potential wise was head and shoulders ahead of the Harrisons and probably everyone else on that team outside of KAT

Reaction Score
This a bad look for the NBA imo

Actually see it as the exact opposite. One of the bottom feeder teams is entertaining enough to have a player put up 70 while playing on a young and obviously tanking team. Win win for the league. The tanking in the league is deplorable but the NBA would take this kind of result every day of the week

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This 70 point game alone will get at least one or two extra top 10 recruits for Cal in his next class. I mean, how can guys turn down an offer from a guy who essentially taught a 70 point NBA scorer everything and anything he knows about the sport of basketball. /s

Reaction Score
I have no idea how that team with Ulis, Booker, Trey Lyles, Cauley-Stein, and Towns didn't win the title. Hell even Andrew Harrison is in the league.

Cal's done a nice job with this current team, though. They didn't have any more talent than UCLA and they won't have more talent than UNC (who they've already beat). He did a better job than K this season, that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how that team with Ulis, Booker, Trey Lyles, Cauley-Stein, and Towns didn't win the title. Hell even Andrew Harrison is in the league.

Cal's done a nice job with this current team, though. They didn't have any more talent than UCLA and they won't have more talent than UNC (who they've already beat). He did a better job than K this season, that's for sure.
Hard to believe he didn't win it with Wall, Beldsoe, Patterson and Cousins too. Kentucky has more talent than UCLA.

Reaction Score

UK has better talent than both imo, I think having high end talents like Fox and Monk edge out what UCLA and UNC can trot out 1 through 5(and bench pieces). UNC has kind of hit this sweet spot in maintaining team success by having a nice collection of top 50-75 recruits that end up staying 3-4 years but none of them are great NBA prospects.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is really the terrifying part. If Cal was a Calhoun level coach....college basketball would truly be unwatchable.

If he was a Calhoun level coach, he couldn't get that kind of talent. Not everybody could play for JC; took a certain kind of kid. Most of the truly elite guys aren't interested.

Cal is a good coach, despite what people say. Every single year, he's got to mold freshman and sophomores--all of whom spent their lives being the man and playing undisciplined AAU style ball--into a sound team that can contend for a NC against veteran laden opponents. By and large, he does this. It's not unimpressive.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
UK has better talent than both imo, I think having high end talents like Fox and Monk edge out what UCLA and UNC can trot out 1 through 5(and bench pieces). UNC has kind of hit this sweet spot in maintaining team success by having a nice collection of top 50-75 recruits that end up staying 3-4 years but none of them are great NBA prospects.

And UK also has a couple of solid veterans in Hawkins and Willis, both of whom made big baskets last night. Can't discount that.

Reaction Score

Yeah I think you're right, talent was the wrong word to use. Fox, Monk, and Bam were all top ten guys and I think Briscoe and Gabriel were in that range as well. A little more reminiscent of the 2011 Kentucky team that had some nice prospects but nobody that really jumped off the screen, though Fox and Monk can look like that at times. I think you could argue, though, that the context of talent makes Cal's coaching job this year impressive. This wasn't the Wall/Cousins team where they were just going to blow teams away on talent alone.

UNC definitely has found that sweet spot - Jackson and Berry were both five star guys who are now juniors, that doesn't happen much in college ball these days.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who cares - The C-s win - that's all that matters
It was a sham what the Suns did

Reaction Score
The Suns put out the youngest starting lineup in NBA history tonight, a full year younger on average than the one Gonzaga put out last night
I saw them in person the other night in Brooklyn. A 21 year old next to me remarked that the team was younger than him.

The next day on the radio they said a few Sweet 16 teams have an older roster.

All I'm really saying is I wanted a refund after watching that sorry NBA product (including the Nets).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom