OT..definitely OT...Stewart won't play this year for UConn! | The Boneyard

OT..definitely OT...Stewart won't play this year for UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I was munching on a bagel this morning and glancing thru the Courant when I almost lost the bagel and last night's dinner. The headline read...Stewart hurt and won't play for UConn this year.
Twice mortified, I read the news and it turned out to be a football player named Stewart not 7'1".

Word to the Courant headline writers: don't do this again.

HGN

Reaction Score
Blake , you almost gave me a heart attack.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
I was munching on a bagel this morning and glancing thru the Courant when I almost lost the bagel and last night's dinner. The headline read...Stewart hurt and won't play for UConn this year.
Twice mortified, I read the news and it turned out to be a football player named Stewart not 7'1".

Love that 7'1" description.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I saw the OT and figured this would not be Breanna-related news...but boy is there a lot on that girl's slender shoulders. She'll have help, Lord knows, but she's been ordained the next great one in WBB and for UConn. In her own understated way, she seems to have embraced it. I certainly hope she has a healthy career that enables her to actualize.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
:eek:

flatline.jpg

defibrillator-paddles.gif

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Reaction Score
The explanation? Dove from the old board has been hired by the Hartford Courant.

Jerkoff Artist Extraordinaire, Dove was later discovered to be on the payroll of the Connecticut Association of Cardiologists, whose members feasted on the increased business after one of his scare headlines would appear on The Boneyard.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Yes I can see where that would be "Choking on food" material ! (LOL)

We've been conditioned to be prepared for bad news in recent years.

Happy it was a false alarm.

Reaction Score

blake, don't ever post something like this again; you scared the hell out of us. I could see UCONN'S potential NC going out the window.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score

Thank you for sharing the anxiety. ;) :mad:

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
Stomach, can I come down and pick up my heart? Much Love, the chest cavity.

Reaction Score
blake, don't ever post something like this again; you scared the hell out of us. I could see UCONN'S potential NC going out the window.
That was everybody's first reaction, I'll bet. But think about it - we lost Tiffany Hayes, but added the redoubtable Morgan Tuck and fixed the point guard problem when Moriah Jefferson signed her LOI. I think that was just as significant.

I'd guess the biggest effect of Stewart's signing will be Geno's ability to sleep more soundly this year, with the significant bolstering of his choices in the post. UConn's going to be able to show a lot of different combinations in the post this year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That was everybody's first reaction, I'll bet. But think about it - we lost Tiffany Hayes, but added the redoubtable Morgan Tuck and fixed the point guard problem when Moriah Jefferson signed her LOI. I think that was just as significant.

I'd guess the biggest effect of Stewart's signing will be Geno's ability to sleep more soundly this year, with the significant bolstering of his choices in the post. UConn's going to be able to show a lot of different combinations in the post this year.

The OT: MADE ME VERY SUSPICIOUS.

Reaction Score
Blake, I just saw that in the paper, and also almost had a heart attack. While I'm glad it wasn't Breanna, too bad for Graham Stewart, hope he recovers well.
And I hope Geno didn't see it!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let's face it, Ice - you're just a suspicious character to start with, OT or no OT!
That's true everybody I know are sinners. Although few are very original.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
That's true everybody I know are sinners. Although few are very original.

Hey, Ice! Kindly remind me. What was the original sin? I want to check if I've recovered from it , or not. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hey, Ice! Kindly remind me. What was the original sin? I want to check if I've recovered from it , or not. :cool:
Prolly the one that can make you go blind. How's your eyesight? And are those the Ray Charles official model sunglasses on your smiley?

Reaction Score

Thats mean man

Reaction Score
The "OT...definitely OT" didn't give it away for you guys? Really?

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Prolly the one that can make you go blind. How's your eyesight? And are those the Ray Charles official model sunglasses on your smiley?

Damn! Caught in the act! Touch-typed from my keyboard .....

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
You all are funny…

Sent with a very mobile pigeon from my backyard cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics