OT: Dave Chappelle comes back to Hartford | The Boneyard

OT: Dave Chappelle comes back to Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went to the comedy festival at the Meadows tonight expecting at least a few digs about the Dave Chappelle visit last year. Nothing. Then after closer Louis CK finished he took his bows and said "Don't leave yet...Dave Chappelle!" I thought he was kidding. but out came Chappelle to a standing ovation. He said he was afraid he was going to get booed and he seemed touched by the reception. He did a brief set which included last years events and left to another big ovation. This visit is going to get some national play I'm sure and Hartford is going to come off looking good.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He didn't want to nuke us? Progress! :)

I really wish I was able to go... What a terrific lineup of comedians.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Saw Chappelle in Storrs during my undergrad before people really knew him (mid 90's, just after the Robin Hood Men in Tights movie). I was drooling laughing.

Reaction Score
I went to the comedy festival at the Meadows tonight expecting at least a few digs about the Dave Chappelle visit last year. Nothing. Then after closer Louis CK finished he took his bows and said "Don't leave yet...Dave Chappelle!" I thought he was kidding. but out came Chappelle to a standing ovation. He said he was afraid he was going to get booed and he seemed touched by the reception. He did a brief set which included last years events and left to another big ovation. This visit is going to get some national play I'm sure and Hartford is going to come off looking good.
I was there too. Really cool that he came back and even apologized for what happened last year. I never saw it coming.

The entire night with Louis C.K., Sarah Silverman, Aziz Ansari, and Amy Schumer was amazing and hilarious.

Reaction Score
Was it sold out? I know they pack it in for music but how many people you think were there?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was mobbed. Under the shed and the lawn were both full.

Reaction Score
Must have been free. How could you possibly get 30k people to want to pay to go somewhere. ;)

Ahh...they WANTED to.

What was the entry price?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was sold out. Lawn seats were $40 online although I heard that the day off they cut the prices on seats to get them all sold. Either way, the place was packed and a good time. I was disappointed in Sarah Silverman, for someone who's been in the business as long as her I was hoping she'd have some more actual jokes. Everyone else was very funny, especially Hannibal and Louie!

Reaction Score
They sold about 17,000 seats leading up to the day of....not sure exactly the attendance but it wasn't the full 30,000 capacity. They had a groupon for $20 lawn seats week of the show that really boosted the sales.

Reaction Score
Not at the Hartford show...

Brody Stevens, Kevin ISO, Dave Attell, Hannibal Buress, Sarah Silverman, Amy Schumer, Aziz, Louis CK, and the surprise Chappelle appearance.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That groupon was the best $25 I've ever spent. What a freaking show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom