OT: Dan Muller says committee is 'idiotic' for leaving out Illinois State | The Boneyard

OT: Dan Muller says committee is 'idiotic' for leaving out Illinois State

Reaction Score
I agree with him:

Dan Muller says committee is 'idiotic' for leaving out Illinois State

I would much rather see Illinois St get in, likely score an upset and make some noise in March rather than some over seeded team like MSU or Vanderbilt with 14 or 15 losses (ugh) as freakin´9 seeds no less after losing to teams like northeastern and FGSU in december and ¨improving¨ ever so slightly of late. ILL ST has been good all year! No one wants to take a risk and play this team, they want to schedule good teams but a lot of P5 teams are cowards, even if they do a home-home-away 3 year split. This team did the best with what they got and deserve to be in over Vandy.

It is an absolute joke that Ill St. did not at least get a 12 seed and WSU got absolutely screwed with a 10 seed. Teams from this conference have proved time and again that they can win when it counts, in March. Guess that does not matter...

Reaction Score
I know we complain about how the AAC gets shafted (and rightly so) but I can't imagine being in a lesser league. What would Wichita's seed be if they lost in their conference final? Out? Not unrealistic.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They're just setting us up for when the tournament is just the 65 P5 teams in 3 years. Nothing is sacred anymore. I hate sports.

Reaction Score
They're just setting us up for when the tournament is just the 65 P5 teams in 3 years. Nothing is sacred anymore. I hate sports.
That sounds horrific. Not to sound super cliche, but part of the magic of March madness is these little guys scoring the upset and sometimes making a run all the way to the FFour or even championship game.

How many people will tune out if it is just 65 P5 teams? I would, very likely. A lot of people with no association to those 65 schools, if something like that were to happen (hint: a lot of people) would quickly lose interest.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That sounds horrific. Not to sound super cliche, but part of the magic of March madness is these little guys scoring the upset and sometimes making a run all the way to the FFour or even championship game.

How many people will tune out if it is just 65 P5 teams? I would, very likely. A lot of people with no association to those 65 schools, if something like that were to happen (hint: a lot of people) would quickly lose interest.
Id be willing to bet it happens.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Mid majors kill ratings after the first weekend. Therefore they shaft mid majors.

Reaction Score
Mid majors kill ratings after the first weekend. Therefore they shaft mid majors.
They royally screwed that team (Stephen F Austin maybe?) with that white dude lefty that did everything against Notre Dame last year in Round 1 or 2. Total ref job of stealing a game from a little guy vs. a big name school.

Reaction Score
Nah, the cinderalla story is why people dig March Madness so much. ¨If it isn´t my team¨ is often the sentiment in regards to upsets.

That is why they are called ¨bracket busters¨.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah, the cinderalla story is why people dig March Madness so much. ¨If it isn´t my team¨ is often the sentiment in regards to upsets.

That is why they are called ¨bracket busters¨.

Yeah there isn't data on this stuff.

They want cinderalla the first two days. They want her dead by Sunday night.

Reaction Score
They do that and the tournament is dead. Can't imagine they could be that stupid.

Yup, the tournament is wonderful as is, no way they destroy it, and making it P5 only would destroy March Madness.

Paranoia rules in the Boneyard.

Last edited:

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Wichita State as a 10 seed "magically" drew another non-P5 school in Dayton in the opening round. And VCU vs. St Mary's is another 7/10 matchup in round 1. Of course they wouldn't break up the Michigan vs. Oklahoma St. game of 2 P5 schools to have non-P5 vs. P5...blasphemy...

Reaction Score
I agree with him:

Dan Muller says committee is 'idiotic' for leaving out Illinois State

I would much rather see Illinois St get in, likely score an upset and make some noise in March rather than some over seeded team like MSU or Vanderbilt with 14 or 15 losses (ugh) as freakin´9 seeds no less after losing to teams like northeastern and FGSU in december and ¨improving¨ ever so slightly of late. ILL ST has been good all year! No one wants to take a risk and play this team, they want to schedule good teams but a lot of P5 teams are cowards, even if they do a home-home-away 3 year split. This team did the best with what they got and deserve to be in over Vandy.

It is an absolute joke that Ill St. did not at least get a 12 seed and WSU got absolutely screwed with a 10 seed. Teams from this conference have proved time and again that they can win when it counts, in March. Guess that does not matter...
When you play a schedule as bad as they did you cannot lose to Tulsa, San Francisco, Murray State, and TCU. They beat WSU at home and lost by 20+ to them on the road and in the MVC tournament.

Generally beating 1 good team at home and losing to your decent OOC opponents does not get you in the tournament.

Who care what MVC teams did in past tournaments, that has no bearing on how Ill St performed during this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom