OT: Dan Carlin's Hardcore History | The Boneyard

OT: Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

Reaction Score
After a game of thrones-esque wait, a new episode just dropped today. Any Hardcore History listeners on here.

Dan has made history lectures into an art form. My favorite is his "Wrath of Khans" series about the rise and fall of the Mongol empire as well as "Blueprint for Armeggedon" which taught me more about WWI than any history class ever touched on.

The new one today is the beginning of a series about post WW2 Japan. I only started listening, but early on it covers Japanese soldiers in the jungle still loyal to the empire, fighting, killing, and refusing to believe the propaganda that the war was over as late as the 1970's. Incredible.

If you think you might kind of sort of maybe like history, they're worth checking out.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Agreed. Another one I love is The Dangerous History Podcast. I finished the Revolutionary War series and no starting the Not So Civil War series. Well worth listening to them

Reaction Score
I haven listens to the older ones as they’re not on apple podcasts. I’ve listened to the “newer” ones there. Guy is crazy, sounds like he just talks for 5 hours in one take. How he can keep track of all these peoples names is nuts.

Reaction Score
I've listened to a couple, quite enjoyable, but I sometimes wonder how historically accurate everything he says is, but I suspect that is cause I have bias about his story telling style.

Reaction Score
I just finished part 1. Great, except for the fact that now we wait 4 months. And the guys voice is absolutely ridiculous. Especially the way he says "again." I am appreciative that he doesn't sacrifice quality for quantity. Even moreso, I appreciate that he has gotten me interested in history in general.

I am also in the middle of Frankl's book on the Holocaust. This is trite but it is shocking how brutal we have been, and so recently. We are so overly comfortable and insulated right now and I realize many parts of the world aren't like this but it is surreal to me that such atrocities have been committed in the past 70 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom