OT: Dallas trip help | The Boneyard

OT: Dallas trip help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Headed to Dallas next week. I will be staying downtown. If anyone could give me suggestions for restaurants and things to do it would be appreciated!

Reaction Score
Headed to Dallas next week. I will be staying downtown. If anyone could give me suggestions for restaurants and things to do it would be appreciated!
If you're staying downtown, visit the book depository (museum now) where Lee Harvey Oswald shot from. Doesn't take long to see that, grassy knoll (right out front), etc.

Reaction Score
If you're staying downtown, visit the book depository (museum now) where Lee Harvey Oswald shot from. Doesn't take long to see that, grassy knoll (right out front), etc.

Visiting the site of a murder creeped me out. But it's worth it to check out the loons on the grassy knoll all peddling their various conspiracy theories.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
State Fair is going on until 10/23/2016 in Fair Park. Perry's Steakhouse in uptown or Reunion Tower (Wolfgang Puck Restaurant). There may be an event at the House of Blues. Dallas Museum of Art, Klyde Warren Park, Victory Park. Cowboy Stadium (AT&T Stadium)

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I used to travel to Dallas on business. Nice area.

Well worth taking at least one nighttime drive a ways out to enjoy the skyline and lights of the city.

Although I typically stayed in the burbs, we had one downtown location, and one of the long-time management employees sent me (for lunch) to one of the local steakhouses with the names that all sound alike, and many are small chains (Cattlemen, Land and Cattle, etc.). I don't remember the name (sorry), but it was delicious.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Try Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse (right downtown next to UT Medical Center) at lunch for great BBQ and a LoneStar. They have perfected the onion ring!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My only suggestion is NOT to drive through Dealey Plaza in a convertible.

Reaction Score
I think Pappas Brothers had the best steak in Dallas when I was there last..............downtown there's Texas Spice which I believe is in the Omni Hotel.....don't be put off by that, it's much better then any hotel food you've had!!!

Reaction Score
The best restuarant I have ever been to is the Old Warsaw on Maple. It's pricey and you have to dress up but i have been there several times and it's totally worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom