OT - D. Rose orbital fracture . . . | The Boneyard

OT - D. Rose orbital fracture . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of all the guys who have had career-shortening injuries, this guy is 1st on my list of great losses to the game. Oden is top 5. K. Irving may end up on the list. You gotta wonder with guys like Rose and Kyrie how much of it is the speed at which they play versus possible physical frailty. I think I read that early life diet can impact the strength of connective/support/bone tissues. Not sure how accurate that is.
I hope he gets better and has a good year - the league is much more interesting with a healthy Rose on the bulls. He's played just 100 regular season games since 2012.
Get well soon.

Reaction Score
He won't miss any games for this.

Although it is crazy how injury-prone he seems to be.

Reaction Score
He took all of today's press conference to talk about his free agency which is two years away and how great of a player he is, dude is clueless.

Reaction Score
He took all of today's press conference to talk about his free agency which is two years away and how great of a player he is, dude is clueless.

Did you watch the press conference? I'm curious, I haven't seen it myself and am wondering if he was specifically asked about it. I think we all have seen how the media can frame quotes to look more sensational.

This was not an example of D Rose being injury prone. But he is.

Reaction Score
Did you watch the press conference? I'm curious, I haven't seen it myself and am wondering if he was specifically asked about it. I think we all have seen how the media can frame quotes to look more sensational.

This was not an example of D Rose being injury prone. But he is.
I didn't see it but that's what my friends texted me and I heard he's already getting killed on the radio out here. The guy is just tone deaf and should have been traded when they had the chance.

Reaction Score
I didn't see it but that's what my friends texted me and I heard he's already getting killed on the radio out here. The guy is just tone deaf and should have been traded when they had the chance.
yeah i'm really getting tired of that. The guy is woefully inarticulate sure, but he's treading on spreewell territory always talking about "i gotta secure a future for my son" ( what about the boatloads of money he has already made in the league not to mention his adidas contract?) . He is up there talking about a FA two years away, all wihle pau gasol took a freaking pay cut to play there. Lets just say rose will never be the kind of star leader to take a pay cut , ala dirk or duncan.

simple solution don't go spouting off about your financials to the fodder hungry media , work on playing a full season of basketball. that should be his response, " i'm just trying to get 100% and bring this team deep into the playoffs", not " Yeah i'm thinking about the cap jump, i want to get that max deal". He's always in the media talking about stuff like this, not surprising though he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Makes one appreciate the career Allen Iverson had, his rim attack was much more violent. Fortunate to see him play, because those that have followed (and perhaps emulate to some extent) don't seem to be as durable.

Reaction Score
Makes one appreciate the career Allen Iverson had, his rim attack was much more violent. Fortunate to see him play, because those that have followed (and perhaps emulate to some extent) don't seem to be as durable.
iverson also wasn't blabbing about trying to secure a contract years from now , so much so rumor has it one of the sold homes had random stacks of 100s laying around in seat cushions. dude was a warrior on the court and gave it his everything, the prime example of lead by your effort/play. It should be noted rose raked in 200 mill off an adidas contract, not even including his nba money. Cold hard facts aint no sane individual is throwing him the max in '17. he isn't even a top 10-12 pg in the league

Westbrook
Curry
conley
lillard
wall
irving
teague
rubio
dragic
Cp3

no order. I would also take bledsoe or walker over him right now.

Vincent Goodwill: Butler on Rose’s contract comments: “He can talk about unicorns and rainbows for all I care. Just help us win some basketball games.’’

– via Twitter vgoodwill

His teammates are fed up with the guy bitching about long term security when he is making WAY more $ than other valuable assets to the bulls, in butlers case clearly more important. None of them are out in the media causing a circus like rose is.

Last edited:

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
[QUOTE=" I think I read that early life diet can impact the strength of connective/support/bone tissues. Not sure how accurate that is.
I .[/QUOTE]

A good diet as a fetus is crucial for the strength of connective tissue. In dogs, I've seen manganese deficient diets as fetuses be the probable cause of ACL injuries when the dogs are adolescents.

Reaction Score
what ever happened to those Kavanaughed charges that were brought on him?

It's a civil case. There's no criminal charge.

The kid is completely tone deaf. $95M deal and you can't get on the court and you're already talking about free agency?

Reaction Score
It's a civil case. There's no criminal charge.

The kid is completely tone deaf. $95M deal and you can't get on the court and you're already talking about free agency?

my feelings exactly, and this isn't his first go round. He was in the media less than a year ago, talking about 'taking his time so he can secure a future for his son'.

In most careers its normal to try to get up the ladder and maximize earning potential ( even younger nba players), but he already has enough goshdarn money for his son and his son's son. reel your (rose's) focus in on adjusting your game to be productive for a long time. Just stop talking about dollars when your, more important, teammates AREN'T.

Reaction Score
what ever happened to those Kavanaughed charges that were brought on him?
Rose is an idiot but the rape thing is so absurd it's not worth discussing, he shouldn't even answer any questions on it and the reporters should be embarrassed for asking him questions about it.

Reaction Score
my feelings exactly, and this isn't his first go round. He was in the media less than a year ago, talking about 'taking his time so he can secure a future for his son'.

In most careers its normal to try to get up the ladder and maximize earning potential ( even younger nba players), but he already has enough goshdarn money for his son and his son's son. reel your (rose's) focus in on adjusting your game to be productive for a long time. Just stop talking about dollars when your, more important, teammates AREN'T.
I remember that, he actually talked about his future after basketball and how he had to think about how comfortable he would be sitting in a boardroom 15 years from now with a chronically sore knee. I used to defend the guy but he is a clown.

Reaction Score
Rose is an idiot but the rape thing is so absurd it's not worth discussing, he shouldn't even answer any questions on it and the reporters should be embarrassed for asking him questions about it.

ah makes sense, someone looking for a handout

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I remember that, he actually talked about his future after basketball and how he had to think about how comfortable he would be sitting in a boardroom 15 years from now with a chronically sore knee. I used to defend the guy but he is a clown.

Another comment that shows how out of touch he is. Your most important asset in a board room is your brain. Rose hasn't exactly shown that to be his strongest quality. To say the least.

Last guy I want sitting in a board room.

Reaction Score

He was insanely underrated. I loved how a few years ago someone asked Eric Snow about playing with a "chucker" like AI. Snow basically stated that AI was the only guy with any offensive talent and the players purposely deferred to him not to let AI shoot it a lot. Since I've been watching basketball, AI and Lebron (1st Cle team) did more to carry a team than anyone I can remember. Look at that 76er team... AI, Snow, Aaron McKie, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, Theo Ratliff, Dikembe... Just a hideous offensive team.

Reaction Score
I didn't always love his game but Iverson is probably the toughest guy I've ever seen on a basketball court.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The only time he hasn't broken or torn anything was during his SATs

Reaction Score
I didn't always love his game but Iverson is probably the toughest guy I've ever seen on a basketball court.

I'd vote him for pound for pound toughest... He was pretty amazing to watch; it wasn't always pretty but he was something else. I still remember his first college game (I think that was the Packer, monkey game) and I had never (and still haven't) seen someone quicker on a basketball court. Pair that w/ his athleticism, toughness, etc. and you have an all-time great who I think gets slighted b/c he wasn't always a model citizen.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Iverson remains a top 3 "most fun to watch" in NBA history for me. Eminently entertaining player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom