OT - Cyberlink Media Suite or Nero MediaHome, which free software should I go with? | The Boneyard

OT - Cyberlink Media Suite or Nero MediaHome, which free software should I go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First off, I have no clue about this stuff, but want to learn. I bought a Samsung external Blu-Ray read/write drive and it came with some free software, Cyberlink Media Suite and Nero MediaHome. I have no clue which I should load or if I should load both or neither. Well I did load Cyberlink Media Suite and what little I learned from surfing the net, it seemed that one review seemed to point in that direction.

Now if you're going to ask me what I plan to do with it, I'm not really sure. At a minimum, play Blu-Rays, load software from disc, and maybe copy media to disc. Now I'd like to get into media editing without buying any additional software. So:

Which should I install?
Is it okay to install both?
If there is a better free software I should load (and uninstall Cyberlink Media Suite) what would you recommend?

I would really appreciate some guidance from those who have experience with this sort of thing, then to come over to my home and show me how the h*ll to work with this stuff...kidding on the latter part, well sort of. :)

What's sad about all this is I'm a programmer (RSA Archer - GUI & Function type platform) and lead my team of developers, but when it comes to doing things on my personal laptop, I'm close to clueless.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
for the tasks you say you want to accomplish you actually dont need to load either of them. Built in windows explorer functions will take care of all that.

If you do want to load when and play around with multimedia stuff, I prefer Nero.

Reaction Score
for the tasks you say you want to accomplish you actually dont need to load either of them. Built in windows explorer functions will take care of all that.

If you do want to load when and play around with multimedia stuff, I prefer Nero.
Hey, AW, is it bad to load both and to play around to see which I prefer? The one thing that I've observed in the past is that if you load multiple programs that do similar things, one ends up being the default program over the other, such as when you insert a disc into the drive. Now I know there is a way to reset default programs, but I can never figure out where to find that.

Anyhow, let me know if loading both is a bad idea or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom