OT- CT Vineyards | The Boneyard

OT- CT Vineyards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Which ones do you enjoy? I've been to both Wallingford ones. Paradise & Gouveia. Both are charming with nice offerings. Gouviea in the Fall has a great view.

Reaction Score
I've heard people say Paradise has better wine, but Gouveia much nice and great views in Fall with foliage

Which ones do you enjoy? I've been to both Wallingford ones. Paradise & Gouveia. Both are charming with nice offerings. Gouviea in the Fall has a great view.

Reaction Score
I went to Jonathan Edwards in Stonington to see a Donovan Frankenreiter concert. Really nice outdoor event. Not cheap though. Can't speak too much for the wine, as I'm no connoisseur, but it tasted fine to me.

Reaction Score
Short drive from where?!?

I love that area, and the cider is even better than the wine imo, but the drive is brutal.
From CT, of course. Come on, it isn't that bad. You guys are getting soft. Once you get past the N.Y. expressways, the drive is actually nice. You just need to slow down and actually look at the world around you. We drive 70 up here and traffic is light. There is no need to do 85 and be hyper focused on someone 5 feet in front of you.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don't drink wine really but I love visiting Chamarde in Madison. Beautiful all 4 seasons.

Reaction Score
Charming, perhaps, but awful wines. Like all n/e, summer not long enough to develop sufficient sugar.

Reaction Score
Charming, perhaps, but awful wines. Like all n/e, summer not long enough to develop sufficient sugar.
Some of them make decent whites (though that generally isn't what I like) but a lot of the wineries are bringing in grapes from California and other better climates. I have yet to taste a red from a CT winery that is even average though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Some of them make decent whites (though that generally isn't what I like) but a lot of the wineries are bringing in grapes from California and other better climates.

And Chile. Connecticut wine is pretty much a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom