OT: CT. Golf course question

Hoping some of you have played Clinton CC in CT? I'm playing in a member-guest-guest-guest there tomorrow and just watched the hole by hole overview on their website. Is it as narrow as it looks on the internet or do those first few tree lined holes have larger fairways than what it seems by watching that video?

Any other tips on it would be more than welcome. My buddy who's the member seems to think "just hit it 240 in the middle you'll rip it up" gives me confidence. LOL guess again :eek:

Thanks in advance!

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Hoping some of you have played Clinton CC in CT? I'm playing in a member-guest-guest-guest there tomorrow and just watched the hole by hole overview on their website. Is it as narrow as it looks on the internet or do those first few tree lined holes have larger fairways than what it seems by watching that video?

Any other tips on it would be more than welcome. My buddy who's the member seems to think "just hit it 240 in the middle you'll rip it up" gives me confidence. LOL guess again :eek:

Thanks in advance!
I think you'll be just fine. I'm a 14 handicap and have never been overwhelmed by the layout. I moved out West and haven't played it in 6 years, but the course was always in very good shape. Enjoy!

Thanks in advance!
I've heard that too. Never hurts to be long and down the middle.

Think you're right. Narrow. My buddy is a member there too. Don't think you have to be crazy long there. Greens are fast if I recall playing last year.

Great course and members.

Thanks in advance!

Just make sure you got the swing oil in gear so you're ready on the first tee. You know the drill.
Private course have to be a bit more strategic but it's not my first rodeo all set Deep.... nips in place and they do sell bags of beer. All good nerves will be minimal lol

That works, too.
I can't make that call right now I'm staying in Meriden my other buddy who's one of the guests is driving down so unsure of his mood. It's a 12:15 lunch 1:30 shotgun and then prizes/dinner so will get out about 7:30-8 maybe? If I could I would for sure

My favorite course. Of course I was a junior member there for 10 years and a bag boy for 5 of those years. It's a fun course and not overly difficult.

So it's probably 10 years since I played CCC. How was it?
Loved it, like the lay out a lot. It's in real nice shape, pretty traditional as you look out from most of the tees but has a nice line of view which makes it comforting. I asked about the driving area in comparison the look on the video's of the holes on line and there was much more room to land. Greens are slick and have areas you need to hit them too in relation to where they put the holes so can be though but very fair. Liked it a lot.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
There are a lot of good courses in CT...a lot of them are far (for me). I love CT National in Putnam. I also love Fox Hopyard in East Haddam. Worth the trip IMO.

OT: but does anyone know of any beginner golf courses in the Hartford area besides the flat 9 at Goodwin Park?
How beginner? Like first time swinging a club? Buena Vista in West Hartford is suited for that. Rockledge also in West Hartford while a full 18 and standard length course is a really simple easy public course.

There are a lot of good courses in CT...a lot of them are far (for me). I love CT National in Putnam. I also love Fox Hopyard in East Haddam. Worth the trip IMO.
CT National is excellent, if it were closer I'd play there more often real solid track. I like the Hopyard but prefer the brother course up in Northfield MA Crumpin Fox.