OT: cornhole boards | The Boneyard

OT: cornhole boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey BYers,

I'm looking to buy a cornhole board (2 obviously) for tailgating next season. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to where to order one from, I don't want a crappy board where the bags won't even stick to. Or if anyone has built one, I'd be interested to hear how the process was and price for materials and all that.

Thanks

Reaction Score
You should try Googling construction plans online. They can be made inexpensively with some 2x4s and nicer quality plywood. I made a set a couple years ago, painted the UConn logos on them and added some polycrylic. I screwed a handle on mine made one slightly smaller than the other so they could fit inside each other for easy transportation. It used to be nice too when Glidden had the official UConn paint so the colors were authentic (just searched online, looks like they still offer the UConn colors). Can be made in a weekend with basic tools, prob less than $50 bucks.

pic.JPG

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You can also try the American Cornhole Association website for blueprints. If you Google Corn hole boards you'll see some real good ideas.

Reaction Score
Unless you're handy with tools, or extremely strapped for cash, I'd go with the premade ones that huskymedic mentioned. You'll get a lot of usage for many years and they look and travel great. Good luck.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Hey BYers,

I'm looking to buy a cornhole board (2 obviously) for tailgating next season. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to where to order one from, I don't want a crappy board where the bags won't even stick to. Or if anyone has built one, I'd be interested to hear how the process was and price for materials and all that.

Thanks
I have built and sold a few sets. (Giants, Sailing theme, Red Sox, Patriots and a farm theme) I built the one I use for tailgating and I hand painted the old block C and another UConn logo on them. They are great and have lasted a few seasons. If interested in me building you one, let me know and I will send you some pics of the ones I did.

Reaction Score
My wife and bro in law made me a set for my birthday. I'd take a pic but they are in our vacation house. They are great and I love them but I'd buy them if it wasn't done for me. You can find some great vendors at fairs, home shows, The Big E etc.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They are pretty snazzy, but one thing comes immediately to mind: Nothing screams football tailgate like a pair of basketball corn hole boards.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom