OT: Connecticut Spokebenders | The Boneyard

OT: Connecticut Spokebenders

Reaction Score

One of my best friends was on that team for many years. He is the guy in the documentary on that site who said he broke his back and severed his spine and they show him in his football jersey #62. He does a lot of the explaining of the game in the documentary. He was a player for a few years and then took over as a co-coach/player role. It is a very interesting sport and I highly recommend catching a game. They are insane in those wheelchairs, guys are constantly dumping them just to hop back up. On another note, very hard to officiate those games. I was asked to officiate some scrimmages for them at times as I know the game well being a high school varsity head coach and there was a lot that I struggled with. Calling chair fouls was chief among them. They are reckless! Much respect for what they do.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've watched a lot of wheelchair basketball online and have always been really impressed with the sport and the toughness of the competitors. They get wiped out and then a second later they're back up like nothing happened. I'll definitely go to a live game some day if I get the chance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom