OT..Computers | The Boneyard

OT..Computers

Reaction Score
So which is more dangerous to me when I am typing comments on the boneyard with my laptop on my lap..radiation from my acer chromebook or daggers from people who may not like some of my opinions...?

Reaction Score
So, @bluedevil, sit in front of that computer, log into Boneyard and post wild and crazy opinions. Eat lots of nasty junk food while you are doing it. With luck you'll be in a coma before the flamethrowers get to you.

I happen to be a Carolina fan on the men's b'ball side, and I've been known to throw some shade at the Dokies of my aquaintance, so watch your back

When I moved to Durham years ago I actually rooted for Duke for a couple of years. I liked that Spinarkle, Bender, Giminski team, and was a big Gene Banks fan. By the time Jay Bilas arrived I was in the UNC camp, but still think he is the best college BB announcer out there.

Reaction Score
So, @bluedevil, sit in front of that computer, log into Boneyard and post wild and crazy opinions. Eat lots of nasty junk food while you are doing it. With luck you'll be in a coma before the flamethrowers get to you.

I happen to be a Carolina fan on the men's b'ball side, and I've been known to throw some shade at the Dokies of my aquaintance, so watch your back

When I moved to Durham years ago I actually rooted for Duke for a couple of years. I liked that Spinarkle, Bender, Giminski team, and was a big Gene Banks fan. By the time Jay Bilas arrived I was in the UNC camp, but still think he is the best college BB announcer out there.
Thank you..I was in Durham then pre K. Bucky Waters, Jim Foster and Terry Sanford(president of Duke).

Reaction Score
I think cellphone is more dangerous than any lab tops ...

Reaction Score
So which is more dangerous to me when I am typing comments on the boneyard with my laptop on my lap..radiation from my acer chromebook or daggers from people who may not like some of my opinions...?

Not even close. Responses to your opinions. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The Boneyard and change your screename Bluedevil!!

Reaction Score
Bluedevil, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I find it is the people who are ignorant who rail against others opinions. Their minds are so tightly shut that nothing gets through and it remains dark which, in turn, polarizes them even more. Opinions are like sunlight that you can choose to let shine on you. That's only my opinion but as you know, I am always right.

Reaction Score

AndOne, I remember that team very well because Mike Giminski was from around my area in the Litchfield Hills. Because his high school was so small he stayed under the radar and graduated at 17. Duke was very smart in grabbing him. As it was he had a decent career at Duke but I think if he would have stayed in state and played at Uconn his name would be up on the wall.

Reaction Score
AndOne, I remember that team very well because Mike Giminski was from around my area in the Litchfield Hills. Because his high school was so small he stayed under the radar and graduated at 17. Duke was very smart in grabbing him. As it was he had a decent career at Duke but I think if he would have stayed in state and played at Uconn his name would be up on the wall.
Mike had more than a decent career at Duke. In fact he is among their all time best. He was freshmen ACC POY and all-ACC his last three years. He graduated as all time Duke leader in points, rebounds and shots blocked. 2nd team all-american a couple of years. Now he is 6th all-time ACC in blocked shots and 8th in both points and rebounds. And this playing in the best b'ball league in the country. Ralph Sampson was a freshman when Gman was a senior and no one in the ACC handled Ralph as well as the Gman.

I'd say UConn didn't feel good about getting the local kid

Reaction Score
Mike had more than a decent career at Duke. In fact he is among their all time best. He was freshmen ACC POY and all-ACC his last three years. He graduated as all time Duke leader in points, rebounds and shots blocked. 2nd team all-american a couple of years. Now he is 6th all-time ACC in blocked shots and 8th in both points and rebounds. And this playing in the best b'ball league in the country. Ralph Sampson was a freshman when Gman was a senior and no one in the ACC handled Ralph as well as the Gman.

I'd say UConn didn't feel good about getting the local kid
My apologies Andone. I did not realize he had made that much of an impact as a player for Duke. Did he play pro? Never heard anything about him after he graduated.

Reaction Score
No need for apologies Steelerone. I knew he was a force in ACC bball but in looking up his stats I was surprised how good they were. He had a long and not particularly stellar NBA career. Not bad but middle of the pack. Journeyman numbers.

Reaction Score
No need for apologies Steelerone. I knew he was a force in ACC bball but in looking up his stats I was surprised how good they were. He had a long and not particularly stellar NBA career. Not bad but middle of the pack. Journeyman numbers.
True. I was never a big ACC fan but was stationed in North Carolina during the fifties. The ironic thing is that football was (and still is) king at that time so the majority of players on the best teams were from New York City or other urban Northeastern area.

Reaction Score
True. I was never a big ACC fan but was stationed in North Carolina during the fifties. The ironic thing is that football was (and still is) king at that time so the majority of players on the best teams were from New York City or other urban Northeastern area.
I grew up in Jersey, just outside of NYC, and didn't know squat about the ACC, or anything else South of Trenton for that matter. I got out of the military in 72 and went off to Charlotte to finish up undergrad. ACC was in the air, but if I had a rooting interest it was for UNCC where I attending. I moved to Durham in 77, which is the heart of ACC country. I watched a million games and like everyone else took off from whatever else you were doing and binged on watching every ACC tournament game. At the time only the tournament winner was automatic for the NCAAs, so it was a huge deal.

The ACC always had a giant recruiting pipeline to the northeast, particullarly Carolina when Frank Maguire was coach. Dean Smith was coach when I came onto the scene and he also recruited heavily in the northeast.

The ACC was traditionally a basketball league and still is to some degree. There were no football powerhouses until the league expanded and Florida State and Miami joined. Those two teams, mostly FSU of late, have owned ACC football. Then, of course, the likes of Pitt, Syracuse and BU joined, mostly to ramp up football, but there football glory days were long gone.

I HATED that UConn didn't get into the league. They had the perfect bball profile, but football drives all now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom