OT- computer question | The Boneyard

OT- computer question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of my home laptops says Failure configuring Windows updates reverting changes and then goes into restarting mode and never restarts. It's had a blue screen with restarting message for close to 2 days, what gives?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Reboot into safe mode, take last good config. The only negative is that you might lose some saved data unless you do a cloud backup. Then take the windows updates soup to nuts and see what you get.

Reaction Score
Reboot into safe mode, take last good config. The only negative is that you might lose some saved data unless you do a cloud backup. Then take the windows updates soup to nuts and see what you get.
The problem is I can't even get it to safe mode. It's just stuck on the blue screen saying restarting, F8 doesn't work. There is nothing important saved on this computer.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The problem is I can't even get it to safe mode. It's just stuck on the blue screen saying restarting, F8 doesn't work. There is nothing important saved on this computer.
Hard reboot or kill the power and restart, bring into safe mode on restart..

Reaction Score
I don't have the patience to let a computer get completely stuck for several minutes without doing a hard restart, never mind 2 days!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do you have boot disks? That should get you into recovery mode.

Reaction Score
One of my home laptops says Failure configuring Windows updates reverting changes and then goes into restarting mode and never restarts. It's had a blue screen with restarting message for close to 2 days, what gives?
Remove the battery. After a few minutes replace the battery, then reboot. You are hung in an internal loop. If that does not work, your harddrive is corrupted.

Reaction Score
Did the hard reboot last night and it worked, thanks for helping out this computer illiterate.

Reaction Score
It's had a blue screen with restarting message for close to 2 days, what gives?
I'm glad your problem worked out.
I've gotta ask. Were you busy with other things, or, at some point in the process, did you think that it might take a day or two to restart?

Reaction Score
I'm glad your problem worked out.
I've gotta ask. Were you busy with other things, or, at some point in the process, did you think that it might take a day or two to restart?
Didn't need that laptop for anything but the couple of times I took the battery out and restarted it the computer would just go back into the configuring mode. Once I took the battery out and held the power button for 30 seconds it started right back to normal.

Reaction Score
How old is the laptop? It may just be time for a new one, may not be worth the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom