OT College Wrestling | The Boneyard

OT College Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone ever watch it, its on ESPN. Glad ESPN broadcasts it now.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I was watching. Kevin Jack from Danbury (NC State) was wrestling the kid from Ohio State at 141 who's going for his 4th NCAA Individual Championship. Jack was redshirting until mid-February when the starter got hurt and they pulled his RS. Young man went on to a second place ACC finish and qualified for the NCAA's. He upset three higher seeds to get to tonight's match. He lost handily but is the only wrestler so far to go the distance with the champ this year.

Danbury area very proud of KJ. He can keep his head held high and the exposure and experience are invaluable. I think we'll see him win it all in some weight class within the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I try and watch it every year. My dad wrestled so he taught me about the scoring/strategy which makes it more fun to watch. A lot of lower seeds coming through, and everyone is being aggressive, so it's much more exciting

Reaction Score
I was watching. Kevin Jack from Danbury (NC State) was wrestling the kid from Ohio State at 141 who's going for his 4th NCAA Individual Championship. Jack was redshirting until mid-February when the starter got hurt and they pulled his RS. Young man went on to a second place ACC finish and qualified for the NCAA's. He upset three higher seeds to get to tonight's match. He lost handily but is the only wrestler so far to go the distance with the champ this year.

Danbury area very proud of KJ. He can keep his head held high and the exposure and experience are invaluable. I think we'll see him win it all in some weight class within the next 3 years.

Great to see, I think the last D1 National Champion from CT was from 1933, tough tough tough task for any wrestler going up against Steiber let alone a true freshmen, he looks like he's in his 30s so under control. History being made right now. Do you know what Kevin Jack placed.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members