OT: College World Series | The Boneyard

OT: College World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two observations

1) The new deadened bats have totally changed the game. I remember watching 20-12 games in Omaha when everything would fly out of the stadium. Now I watch someone crush the ball (I think) and it is a liesurely catch in front of the warning track. Omaha is a pretty deep fence, too - they probably pushed the fences back when balls were flying out of the place.

2) Even if you don't follow college baseball, if you watch the second game tomorrow, it may be worth it for one reason. The cameramen are clearly - and I mean clearly - engaging in a "Can You Top This" search for eye candy in the crowd. And they've found plenty. Perhaps nothing to the level of the Alabama quarterback's girlfriend, but quality depth.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The deadened bats have made the game watchable.

My observation is that the scheduling flies in the face of the spirit of baseball.

Teams had schedules like: Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Saturday.

That doesn't determine the best team. It determines who has a couple of starters that can dominate.

Reaction Score
Two observations

1) The new deadened bats have totally changed the game. I remember watching 20-12 games in Omaha when everything would fly out of the stadium. Now I watch someone crush the ball (I think) and it is a liesurely catch in front of the warning track. Omaha is a pretty deep fence, too - they probably pushed the fences back when balls were flying out of the place.

Interesting read to your point...

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/06/24/2986706/decock-new-ballpark-damaged-college.html

>>The new ballpark, opened to replace venerable and beloved Rosenblatt Stadium in 2011, was built to the same dimensions, with fences and the power alleys designed to contain the old ping-happy, ball-launching aluminum bats. But while Omaha was busy building the new ballpark – a condition of the NCAA for keeping the College World Series in its traditional home – the NCAA was busy tweaking the bats.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom